• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doidy Cup

pilkers

Reaction score
Hiya

Does anyone use one of these and what are they like? I've tried every sippy cup going with Evie but she refuses to use one. We have spent a bloody fortune on different cups :roll:

I was wondering if maybe the Doidy cup was the way forward for her but I wasn't sure if an 8 month old could use a cup without a lid :think: :think: :think:

Thanks

My HV recommended one from 6 months to me when she realised I breastfeed in case Eva wouldnt take to a sippy cup, so I am sure one would be suitable for an 8 month old. :think: maybe just not put too much liquid in at first or let them play with it for a few days before adding water. I reckon it would be OK - everything might just get a bit wet for a while lol :D

My HV recommended this for Angel now as she won't take fluids from anything except boob. Not got one yet as i tried a beaker from Poundland which seems to work. She gets soaked but she will drink a bit.

I ordered one from john lewis (they do free delivery!!) and she does drink out it but dribbles.

She is better just drinking out a small tupperware beaker thing (not meant as a tumbler it is a little baby food freezer pot)

Thea used one in the house from being about 6 months

Arianna has used one for ages now, probably about 6-8mths of age - how bad is it I cant actually remember exactly

We have used one since Q was 6 months old. We just support the bottom of it while he drinks and he gets on fine. Once they learn to use it it makes life very easy as when you are out and about they can just drink from any glass or cup at hand. It certainly seems the easiest thing to use with a bf baby.

We tried with one from 6 months but she found it quite difficult to hold as the handles are quite close to the body. In the end we used a tommee tippee freeflowing one for a couple of months, and then took the lid off. She finds that much easier. Next time I will just go with the tommee tippe without the lid from 6 months I thik - having the lid on seems to have taught her you can shake it up and down - not good! She'll also happily drink out of a glass as well.
We invested in some full plastic backed bibs to use while she learning to save on soaking her clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back