Doggy woggys!

They only end up aggressive if bought up to be aggressive. Rottys are the softest things ever if bought up properly. A shitzu could be the most aggressive thing ever if bought up to be....its just a shame that some people think its funny to bring dogs up to be aggressive and harmfull. I have my boxer when i was young and he was the soppiest thing ever, wouldnt hurt a fly. well he killed my rabbit but that wasnt in a nasty way, he was trying to carry her back to her cage bless as they do with their pups, and she died off shock. :cry:

GERMAN SHEPHERD!!!!!!

YOU CANT BEAT A GSD!

what ever dog u go for, go to a real breeder, and see the parents, personally i say avoid x breeds if u want the dog to be around a baby or young babies.

just make sure you take them to puppy school and obedience training to make them a sound dog.

we had a gsd when our baby was born and they were the best of friends, he was so protective of my daughter, and he acted as a baby monitor to warn us when she was crying but we went training with him all the time as he got so bored very easily.

unfortunately we dont have him any more as our baby developed excema and his fur irritated it so much, im heart broken to loose him but we had to put our baby first

we plan on getting another dog when she is older, we will get a rescue gsd dog from a shelter and let her choose one

what a shame he had to go...will be lovely for her to choose her own when she is older... :D

I will definatly take you're advice on the puppy classes, gives me something else to do aswell :D

oh non o those . they are all too big.

my friend had a boxer dog and it was forever drooling at the mouth - don't rotweilders eat small children?

cassi have you thought of getting a budgie or two instead.

cassi said:
They only end up aggressive if bought up to be aggressive. Rottys are the softest things ever if bought up properly. A shitzu could be the most aggressive thing ever if bought up to be....its just a shame that some people think its funny to bring dogs up to be aggressive and harmfull. I have my boxer when i was young and he was the soppiest thing ever, wouldnt hurt a fly. well he killed my rabbit but that wasnt in a nasty way, he was trying to carry her back to her cage bless as they do with their pups, and she died off shock. :cry:

I totally agree with you on that Cassi. A dog is only what you make it. Me & my OH always argued over dogs as i wanted an lasationa while back and he was going on about how vicious they are, etc but it;s just not true. A dog is vicious if you make it so, or you wind the poor thing up mercilessly (SP?)

none of those, get a rescue dog instead, theres so many which need homes :(

izzyx

Rescued greyhounds can be anti-social things can't they? Not very child friendly - after all, they've been bred and brought up amongst other greyhounds only, not families or other dogs :(

Personally I'd wait until you have your baby settled in then get a dog. I've seen so many new families have to give up their dogs because they can't handle having a baby in the house...so sad.

On that subject, does anyone have experience of having a dog before their first baby arrived? How did you integrate baby with dog? Let's face it dogs can seriously have their nose put out of joint by a new baby arriving.... any info gratefully received for a friend of mine who's having trouble with her doggy woggy now her baby is 14 months....

thanks girls
Pea x

oh no i understand that and we wont be getting a dog untill we move and that wont be till after jakob...

cas xx

ah I see, sorry.

Still, anyone with experiences of dogs before babies?

I've had loads of advoce from people who had dogs before babies and it sounds like if you treated the dog as a dog and not as a baby there will be no problem.

We are going to send home something the baby has worn so our dog can smell it before she arrives and we will let her look at the baby, she loves looking at babies! am going to make sure that she still gets plenty of my attention and at feeding times I am going to lay her blanket down next to me as she loves to sit with us in the family room. basically just as if we had another child we are going to make sure that her relationships with us don't really change and we'll probably buy her another toy so we can play with her when the baby is sleeping.

Wiggles I am a huge GSD fan too :D

Peanut said:
Rescued greyhounds can be anti-social things can't they? Not very child friendly - after all, they've been bred and brought up amongst other greyhounds only, not families or other dogs :(

Yes I agree, plus they will chase and kill any cat/squirrel they find cos that's what they're bred for.

JaidyBaby said:
Im not really into large dogs though, we will get a West Highland Terrier as soon as I can twist OH's arm, and when we get settled in our new place.

its as if im reading my own post :shock: i have been pestering my OH for a westie for ages (its the only pet we agree on having) and i want to call him Dougie, but unfortunatly we can't have one just now as we live in a high rise flat and no dogs allowed :cry: . although we will have to move house for when the baby comes so hopefully we could get one when we move :D

Hi

I chose rotti, my friends has boxers she breeds them and they are very hard work to train and i owuldnt want one, and i dont like long haired dogs i have allergies to dog hair... even though i have a dog and a rotti have always been so friendly and good family dogs if they grow up in a good environment, but thats just my opinion

Katrina

My sister has a boxer and he is gorgeous. He's so soppy and placid. He's a really handsome boy as well, absolutely adore him! I'd go for a boxer out of all of them. I dunno about them being hard to train, my sister's one picked up things so easily and he's brilliant. Walks off the lead without going too far, comes when called and does all the usual tricks like paw etc.

Here he is:
1428.png

1429.png

awwwwwwww!!! im in love with him!!!

no i agree if trained properly they are very smart and obedient dogs :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back