Dog problem aarrrrggghhhh

Awww Cosmic. Just think that the puppy will probably be constantly stressed in a home full of kids too :(

Make the new dog a game for the whole family.
Google some family friendly breeds and make a List. Then give it to the kiddies to read about them and decided which one they want. Everyone will be super excited about a new puppy!
Is there any chance to give the puppy to a house with no kids when you can still visit it?

That's the thing though, this guy knocked back a wage of £500!! That's what made me believe him.
He's been training dogs for 30 years, police dogs, drug dogs and show dogs etc.
I don't know, if a dog has bitten once can it ever be trusted?
What if I got a second opinion and then he bit one of the children??
I'm in a right predicament.
I'd LOVE someone to come and say "no, you can keep him, he isn't aggressive" but would that be right? Who would I believe? Would I be risking my kids safety?? x

Awww Cosmic. Just think that the puppy will probably be constantly stressed in a home full of kids too :(

Make the new dog a game for the whole family.
Google some family friendly breeds and make a List. Then give it to the kiddies to read about them and decided which one they want. Everyone will be super excited about a new puppy!
Is there any chance to give the puppy to a house with no kids when you can still visit it?

The guy who I got him from is going to call me in the morning. He was the original breeder but not his owner. He sold him on to me as his owners were moving abroad. He was mortified when I called him, he knew nothing about the dogs temperament at all, just believed what he was told.
When I said I had small children, he double checked with the owner that he was good with kids.
I hate the thought of this poor dog being passed from pillar to post, it's not something I'm comfortable with x

Such an awful situation :( but I would never forgive myself if I was told to not to and sth happens :(
I am so sorry cosmic :(

Such an awful situation :( but I would never forgive myself if I was told to not to and sth happens :(
I am so sorry cosmic :(

I know this myself deep down.
And I've made all kinds of excuses for his behaviour, "I shouldn't have taken the toy", "he's a puppy", "I should have backed off when he growled" but at the end of the day he bit me and hard!
Had it of been one of the kids, they would have been in trouble x

Not making another excuse for him (here comes the excuse) but could it be because I was taking something from his mouth?? x

I take things out of cocos mouth all the time. Also I take food from her, I make her drop her toys or a treat etc. If she nips while playing I tell her off and I stop playing with her. She never ever bit me even if I get her favorite toy or a sausage out if her mouth.
She is currently practicing to leave a fried sausage untouched until I tell her it's ok to get it and then to drop it from her mouth when given the command. She is so funny she keeps doing all of her tricks In front of you trying to please you to get the sausage lol..

What if one if your babies though tries to get back it's toy or sth???

I know :(
I'm making excuses for him, hoping it was my fault and not his.
I know you're right, of course I do, I'm just so desperate for things to be different :( x

I don't know what to say cosmic :( maybe if your kids where older...
Does he even look concerned when you tell him off??

When I play with the pup if she becomes very active and starts pushing me or hit me with her tail I would scream auuch and she then runs in her mat and cover her eyes with her feet.then later comes back touches my hand with her nose and then takes a step back and lays down. It seems somehow to aknkwnledge that wasn't ok what she did?

He isn't at all bothered when I shout at him. He does not obey anything I say :(
He dominates me completely now I come to think of it. I constantly tell him to get of the couch and push him down and he does it over and over x

Oh my :( that poor pup I think it never had obedience training at home :(
coco would never dream to get on the sofa. Ever... But we Didn't allow or encourage that since we got her.

I bet the poor pup is so confused with suddenly being told is not ok...

It's not your fault cosmic and probably is too late to fix it. He will probably fe happier in a family with no kids??

What will happen with him if you give him back?

I agree.
He has had no training at all, you can tell and I feel awful for him.
I don't know what will happen, I assume he will be homed with someone without kids. I have to wait for a phonecall tomorrow :(
He needs a lot of work and would be great for someone with no kids.
I'm so so sad :( x

Dont be sad sweetie the puppy is healthy and ok and he will probably be much happier in a less stressful environment for him.
It just Dosent suit your home and thats not your fault.
Get a new small puppy and gave fun seeing it growing up in the dog that you want.
How old are your kids? Can they care for a small pup?

The youngest two are 4 then there's a 10 year old and a 14 year old.
They are all animal lovers, we've always had dogs and they are very confident with them xx

Brilliant!!!! How about a golden retriever. Such family dogs, great with kids and so easily trainable :) great outdoor activity dogs too :)
your older dog will probably accept easier a small pup too me thinks??

Spoken to the guy who passed him to me. He feels terrible for the situation and has said he will rehome him for me.
I'm gutted, absolutely gutted x

Awww, I am so sorry to read this, it must be so hard for you but I think I would do the same as you in this situation, you need to feel confident in how a dog is around your children and esp with the dog trainer saying it. I really feel for you as I know how hard it must have been to get another dog, massive hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back