Does yours have a routine yet?

Sherlock

Reaction score
I've noticed these past few weeks, now I can really feel baby kicking properly that Baby has a bit of a routine to their day. And it doesn't correspond with mine :lol:

I notice Baby takes about an hour longer to wake up in the morning than me. So I am up and about for a while before Baby decides its time for a change of direction and scoots round. Then there is lots of activity for a while till Baby seems to nod off and all goes quiet.

If I walk Baby doesn't seem to mind this and is quiet when I am out dog walking for an hour or more. Tends to like to remind me my bladder is still there though and I often find I have the urge to pee because Baby likes to rest on it when I walk :roll:

Then Baby settles down again and all is quiet till about 5-6pm when Baby really comes to life and is active for a fair few hours. Lots of kicking and one big turn round to settle down for the night. I feel really tight in my belly then, almost like I ate way too much. I've now realised its Baby moving and really stretching everything to move round :roll:

On and off during the day I get sharp kicks if I do something Baby doesn't think much of, like have a cold drink or bend over badly. Almost an 'OI' kick :shock:

Then at bedtime once I settle, I can feel Baby settle on one side and get comfy for the night. Heaven help me if I turn over too soon. I do often just lie on my back for a while then and just feel Baby settling down, wriggling around and once we are both comfy I find I can go off to sleep. Although I do get woken now from kicks, but not a massive amount of movement.

How about you ladies? Any of you found your's has his/her routine going on? If so, what is it like?

LOL! :)

well my little one basically has a routine of sleeping during the day to worry me whether he is ok or not - then kicks in the evening to work up to an entire night of hell where he kicks continously and won't let me go to sleep for more than half and hour at a time :)

I'm thinking of becoming nocturnal to fit in with him :)

i havent noticed much of a pattern really ...although she is generally quiet in the morning and wakes up early evening...shes never woken me up kicking but sometimes when ive been awake early mornings (5/6ish) shes kicking .
Overall when im rushing about doing things some days , and chilling out others, its hard to judge how much shes moving and when

i have noticed when i weight train she goes from being nicely tucked away, to rolling out uncomfortably , maybe to remind me that shes there and to go easy!! (which yes i am!!)

Yep definately noticing now a kind of routine.

She generally is quiet first thing unless i have a lie in then she wakes me (think she is trying to get my arse out of bed for brekky)
Throughout the day i have the odd squirms or kicks especially when i am drinking or eating.
Quiet early evening then later around 8-9pm she really kicks off starts having a right wriggle, kick, punch or stretch.

When i go to bed she is still quite active but once i am comfy she tends to quieten down and i dont feel her until i get up in the night for the loo, but generally quiet at night.

Although last night she was very low down :shock: and kicking and squirming quite late into the early morning which felt very uncomfatable, so we will have to see what happens tonight.

I have a drink of water while still in bed in the morning and baby wakes up and kicks about (I don't get up until I've felt baby kick after a bleeding scare at 19 weeks). Baby kicks at quiet restful times in the day which I like. When I get home from work and relax on the sofa he starts a-kicking and for a little bit when I go to bed at night, while I read. I like our little routine :D He does kick at other times too, but these are the guaranteed times.

Mine always starts around 930 and then really goes for it when i goto bed :D
Whenever i am driving he starts too, or if i sit i certain positions I get a kick just to remind me he's there.

He really responds to OH's voice though and he seems to move when DS talks to him too, which is lovely that he recognises their voices.

The one thing guaranteed to make him wiggle though is drinking a fizzy drink :D

I found that when I was pregnant, my lo was most active at night, and used to go crazy while I was sleeping, according to my DH.

Adam seems to still be the same and is a real night hawlk, and we are finding it quite difficlut to get him to swap his nights back into days, but we will get there. :pray:

my lil boy seems to be a lazy one i never feel him much before 11am then hes on the go moving about till after lunch about 1ish then he seems to sleep for hours untill hubby gets home at about 4ish then he will be awake again for about an hour then sleep till the evening when hubby is oiling me :)
and he will be awake for hours after ive gone to bed as some nights he wakes me back up :(
also notised if i sleep on my back he streches right out and my bump is almost flat in the morning but very long looking!!
manda xx

manda224 said:
also notised if i sleep on my back he streches right out and my bump is almost flat in the morning but very long looking!!
manda xx

You get to still sleep on your back? :shock: I wish! :roll:

I can't lie on my back longer than 20-30 minutes or else my legs start to go a bit numb. MY placenta is at the back and quite high up so mabe thats also affecting me and Baby when I lie on my back.

it could be my placenta is at the front so i cant lay on my front for very long as it hurts :(
mostly try to stick to laying on my side :)
manda xx

Sherlock said:
You get to still sleep on your back? :shock: I wish! :roll:

I can't lie on my back longer than 20-30 minutes or else my legs start to go a bit numb. MY placenta is at the back and quite high up so mabe thats also affecting me and Baby when I lie on my back.

I am still able to lie on my back, doesnt feel uncomfatable or anything yet. I have read that your not supposed to tho :? But sometimes i wake up lay on my back.

I still sleep on my back. I try to go to sleep on my side as I've heard it's better but always wake up on my back. It's still the comfiest position

My LO moves like mad at night! Doesn't stop which means I can't sleep.

Usually when i AM ON MY BACK - WHICH IS THE ONLY WAY i CAN GET SOME SLEEP. LYING ON MY FRONT MAKES ME ILL :(

sorry caps :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back