Does this mean she is ready?

Lynds77

Reaction score
I didnt think my little one was anywhere near ready to wean but....

today at 12.30 she finished an 8oz bottle and was crying for more. I gave her some baby tea

at 1430 she was crying, and it sounded like hungry crying. I thought it cant be, she has just started going 4 hours between 8oz bottles.

but, I tried her with a spoonful of Banana and rice pudding. And she loved it! she was wanting more

does this mean she is ready for weaning? I dont think I have a problem with just giving her a spoonful or 2 of pudding after her lunchtime bottle for a few weeks?

dont know why tickers dont show here, she is 19 weeks on Tuesday

It could be just a growth spurt or a developmental leap Hun. I personally would wait until as close to six mints as you can. X

yeah thats what I want to do too. She is only just starting to sit up properly, and only for a few seconds unaided.

I keep forgetting about growth spurts. Will definitely wait and see what happens. I dont want to wean her now, its almost like saying farewell to your wee baby and admitting they are growing up. Silly i know!

Dont want to sound negative but check that what you gave her doesnt have high.sugar content, baby jars can be evil. She will of course like sugar but it doesnt mean she is ready. 4 months is a time of growth spurt and sleep regression which people sometimes mistake for readiness to wean. If you do start early, start with veg like carrots, sweet potato etc

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Aww it's so hard to decide isn't it! I started Harry at 4 months and although he enjoyed it I wouldn't say it did me or him any favours, I just gave him fruit and veg and then then mixtures, but they aren't very filling and wish I had just offered him more milk! It's totally your decision though : -) x

We do 5x 7oz bottles and 2 little portions of baby rice a day as I was finding the same thing and he's much better not crying after a bottle (I did check it wasn't just wind making him cry).

LO is 18 weeks on Friday and I'm starting him on other tastes when he's 20 weeks. The HV said wait till 6 months but they go by what the guidelines are and I'm flexible! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back