does not stop crying

futuremum

Reaction score
Hi!!

Thomas has been crying all day, only calms down a bit when hold. As soon as he is not in arms, he cries. We have tried everything but it does not work.

Any tips of what could be wrong?

Cheers

Hi there
I had exactly the same situation with Oscar on Monday. I had never seen him like that and it really concerned me. At the end of the day, I was so emotionally exhausted - I burst into tears.
Anyway - he did have a restless night that night and on Tuesday, I decided we'll just do cuddles all day, as many as it'll take to keep him happy. It worked - he was his content self.
Must add - we have had a odd week altogether. Oscar was sleeping brilliantly until Monday - but since then - we're back to waking 3-4 times a night! Yawn........ I'm exhausted. I don't know what bothered him, but it's all gone now. Guess they go through little strange stages.
Hopefully Thomas will feel better tomorrow. Shame - the poor wee lambs could do with telling us what to do, hey?
Good luck for a better day tomorrow!
Emilia xx :D

Hey Emilia, Ella has been the same. Had a couple of nights waking up again at 4am (from going down very unsettled at 11pm), but slept til 7am this morning (from 10pm being much more settled). Weird! She also refused to be put down yesterday afternoon, so I had to pop her in her sling and then she slept soundly in it for 3 hours (I had to wear her to the loo at one point as she just would not be laid done :roll: ).

I have this problem with Harry all the time. Generally he's good but has these moments where nothing really seems to sooth him. Walking round with him and 'shhing' in to his ear occasionally helps. Apparantly it's suppost to imitate the noise of the mothers heartbeat when they're in the womb.

When he throws a wobbly in his moses basket, he stops crying if I take him in bed with me, but I'm a bit worried about getting him in to that habit!

I read in a book somewhere that it could be just attention seeking. If the cry's are a bit shouty, ratehr than screams, they just want to be played with!

Hi

Isaac acts like this too. Sometimes he needs a hug, other times he is tired but he fights it and has a little tantrum before going to sleep. Its one of them things I think that you learn to judge as you get to know your own baby and settle into a routine. Its a case of weighing up what they need or want depending on how much sleep they've had, when they had their last nappy change, if they have poohed that day or not and when their last feed was and wether they brought up a good amount of wind or not. Also hot/cold or thirsty? or just bored!

And if after checking all that the crying didnt stop I would take Isaac's temperature and make sure he wasn't poorly.

Lou :)

Kai was very bad on Friday, just wouldn't stop crying for most of the day, and was grumpy on and off all last week now he has been a little angel the last few days, rarely crying and I think it could be because I changed his feeding schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back