Does it hurt when head engages?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
I wasnt sure where to post this...

Over the last week Ive been having some sharp pains in my pelvis and down below. Im just wondering if this is the baby's head engaging. The mw said i was 4/5ths on tuesday. Ive been having a lot of strong but painless BH contractions recently too.

I know Ive got a couple of weeks to go yet but Im starting to get excited with every 'twinge' and pain.

hi ya, i was wondering this too... i know i should really remember but iv found this pg to be much more painful. I'v been feeling the same as you, On my last MW appt (2 weeks ago) the baby wasnt engaged but apprantly thats normal with 2nd+ pg. I have a feeling she is engaged now as the pain is more often and really low, i almost feel like pushing sometimes!
I do remember with Aimee once she was engaged she was born 2 weeks later.
Rekon bubs will be early for you

I've been getting a lot of shooting pains and some stabbing pains down there and midwife said its babies head engaging. I was 3/5ths last tuesday, but they do say you can stay like that until labour starts.

I never had any pain when the head engaged. Maybe a bit of pressure but thats it.

I think it make you pee more and can press on nerves on occaison ...it makes you waddle even more :rotfl: And i used to really feel a strang sensation when i sat down...but thats it really...it doen't hurt as a rule :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back