• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does it have to be a doctor?

mumof2

Reaction score
Hi,

U would think as this is my 3rd child that i would know this but im with a different doctors surgery than the previous pregnancies.

i foned my doctors yesterday to book an appointment for monday when my oldest son is at school and my hubby is off work and they havent got any unless i fone up on the day, i was gonna fone back up 2day and ask to make an appointment with the nurse if no doctors available, i didnt tell the receptionist what i needed appointmant for. so my question is, does it have 2 be a doctor that i see the first time or do u think a general nurse would be ok or should i just fone the surgery and ask them??

Ok, Ive just rang the surgery and told her what it was for, she went and checked and came back and said i dont need to see anyone until 10-13 weeks when u see a midwife, i asked about the pack u get and the medical exception form that they have 2 sign for free dental appointments and prescriptions and she said i will get all that when i see the midwife so i now feel abit down, i wanted to get the form sent off and get my pack sooner, what do u think

Well at my first doctors appointment he literally just told me to check in with the MW. Does your practice have a mw with it? iif so i dont see why you couldn't just book straight in with her? the doctor doesnt do a thing, no blood tests nothing. Quite disapointing really.

I didn't get a pack or anything, the doc just checked my blood pressure and listened to my heart. Was then told to book in with MW..

i got a little pack with emmas diary etc in.. and an appointment with the midwife.. Umm and today ive received the NHS card thing that exempts me form prescription charges - but i dont have to pay them anyway do i?

Or do you have to pay for prescriptions in england? you dont in wales..

Beth, no you dont have to pay for any prescriptions whilst your pregnant :)

yes but i mean in general.. in Wales i dont have to pay at all, pregnant or not... do you normally pay in england?

Hope you dont mind me answering (Im being nosey in this section but currently ttc)

in england you do have to pay for prescriptions, its quite a new thing in Wales, think it was April 2007 they scrapped prescriptions charges

Ohh that could be right about the Wales thing - im 20, so would have been under the age of paying for prescriptions anyway before they scrapped them altogether. its silly that Wales and England are different.

blame the welsh assembly lol. My OH lived in England until May last year and he thinks its great that he doesnt need to pay for prescriptions anymore but thankfully he hasnt needed to see the doc yet so not even registered here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back