Blood test at 10 weeks

hosty28

Reaction score
I had my first bloods taken a couple of days ago and my results have come back today.. i got a call from the receptionist at the surgery to make an appointment in 2 weeks time because the doctor wants to take another blood sample to check numbers? and count? there was no one available to explain what this means.. has anyone had the same experience? should i be worried? Thanks

Welcome to the forum :)

They need to do it twice to get a picture really so I wouldnt be worrying just yet. They really shouldnt get receptionists to do that - it's pretty obvious you'll have questions.

Ring again tomorrow and as they to get someone to explain what the are doing.

I hope it goes well hun but I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, probably just checking your iron levels :)

If they're checking your hCG levels as Mervs Mum said they need 2 readings for them to mean anything at all - the levels vary massively in early pregnancy, so one number on its own doesn't tell them anything, and they always do more than one to check that they're increasing as they should be. I agree they should have got someone who can explain things to you to phone you though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back