Does/did your LO put everything in their mouth?

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Jake has started putting anything and everything in his mouth and it's driving me crazy. I am constantly trying to prize his mouth open to get things out. It's not too bad at home because I know pretty much what's on the floor but when my Mum has him at her house there is a bit more stuff lying around from my younger brothers and sisters. I had a bit of a scare the other day when he was coughing and urging for ages and he was eventually sick and out came a bit of a dairy milk wrapper. I also put him down quickly in Toys R Us the other day and he picked up a big bit of plastic and put it in his mouth and I had to sprint across the room the other day to stop him eating a bolt which he had somehow got hold of. He literally goes around the carpet picking things up, quickly looking at them then putting them in his mouth. He is quite in to bird seed and crumbs at the moment :rotfl: I am so scared he is going to choke on something though. When do they usuallly stop putting everything in their mouths? My Auntie said her little boy never did put things in his mouth.

Yep Keeley does it .. if she finds anythin it automaticly goes into her mouth :lol:

All i do is take it off of her and say no but she never listens lol

Happy 11 month birthday Jake :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug:
Not long til he's one :cheer: :cheer:

Kai got a lot better after he stopped teething. He still does occasionally but not too much.

yep everything from fingers to his feet to anything he can get hold of, and tries to put like 2 or 3 toys in mouth at once!

Lydia did it when she was crawling (so up to 1 year ish), then she stopped doing it, but recently (as in the past 4 months or so) she's started doing it again! god knows why!

Yep, Austin puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. I vacuum a lot more now than before he was crawling!

Yup, my two elder ones did and both survived - it gets better, my eldest went thru a phase of putting things up her nose. Cherry stones are a b***er to get out! :wall:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Lisa

yes millie puts everything in her mouth lol so cute

My bam is exactly the same, especailly when she is teething but thats for chewing...

I was told its something to do wtih its the most senstive part of the body and that they discover everything with there tongue at this stage due to that..

or something lol

Jake has started putting anything and everything in his mouth and it's driving me crazy. I am constantly trying to prize his mouth open to get things out. It's not too bad at home because I know pretty much what's on the floor but when my Mum has him at her house there is a bit more stuff lying around from my younger brothers and sisters. I had a bit of a scare the other day when he was coughing and urging for ages and he was eventually sick and out came a bit of a dairy milk wrapper. I also put him down quickly in Toys R Us the other day and he picked up a big bit of plastic and put it in his mouth and I had to sprint across the room the other day to stop him eating a bolt which he had somehow got hold of. He literally goes around the carpet picking things up, quickly looking at them then putting them in his mouth. He is quite in to bird seed and crumbs at the moment :rotfl: I am so scared he is going to choke on something though. When do they usuallly stop putting everything in their mouths? My Auntie said her little boy never did put things in his mouth.

Yep Keeley does it .. if she finds anythin it automaticly goes into her mouth :lol:

Kai got a lot better after he stopped teething. He still does occasionally but not too much.

yep everything from fingers to his feet to anything he can get hold of, and tries to put like 2 or 3 toys in mouth at once!

Lydia did it when she was crawling (so up to 1 year ish), then she stopped doing it, but recently (as in the past 4 months or so) she's started doing it again! god knows why!

Yep, Austin puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. I vacuum a lot more now than before he was crawling!

Yup, my two elder ones did and both survived - it gets better, my eldest went thru a phase of putting things up her nose. Cherry stones are a b***er to get out! :wall:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Lisa

yes millie puts everything in her mouth lol so cute

My bam is exactly the same, especailly when she is teething but thats for chewing...

I was told its something to do wtih its the most senstive part of the body and that they discover everything with there tongue at this stage due to that..

or something lol

Yep, same here instant reaction, pick up anything big or small, and straight to the mouth, from toys to cables (caught her munching on the cord to my straighteners last week :shock: ), in fact, she's broken my mobile cos of the amount of saliva she dribbles into the earpiece from getting that & putting it in her mouth :roll: :lol:

Nic'n'Keeley said:

Thanks Nic I can't believe he will be one next month :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231