Does anyone take Aspirin and pregnacare together?

Lilalylola

Reaction score
Hi all,

Today my doctor advised me to take the aspirin due to miscarriages when I have another bfp.
I was wondering if I should but now my doctor advised it I will.

I also take pregnacare, which has vitamin k in it, and apparently that is not a good combination?

Does anyone take pregnacare and aspirin together?

I have heard of aspirin being taken in early pregnancy but not sure of the combo with your prega care . I would go and see a local pharmacist as they are very clued up with drug interactions , also the aspirin and pregnacare should have leaflets which should state any known side effects or risks etc . If it was me I would seek advice from a professional such as a pharmacist at boots or another pharmacy. A prescribing nurse or a doctor . The BNF online is also a great help for medications etc

I took aspirin and seven seas pregnancy vitamins - they also contain vit k.

I'm consultant led and i have told my midwife/consultant every time i see them (they always ask what meds I'm on) and no-one has ever mentioned an issue.

I can understand the idea but i thought it took a lot of vit k to effect the blood? I could be wrong though xx

Last edited:
Hey , really sorry to hear about your miscarriages, I don't have any experience on what you have asked but the ladies have already given you good asvise :)

I hope you don't mind me asking, but after have 2 MMC's myself I have been looking into taking asprin if I get preganant again and have found loads of articles on how good it can be, did you have blood tests done after your miscarriages to prescribe asprin or did your doctor just recommend it?

Many thanks xxxx

I am sorry to hear that you went through the same :(
No I had no blood test , the doctor ok'd me to try it as he said it would not do any harm.

I am sorry to hear that you went through the same :(
No I had no blood test , the doctor ok'd me to try it as he said it would not do any harm.

Thanks ️xx it's hard but we will get through it won't we :)

Ahh that's intersting I thought that might be the case, Thanks for coming back to me xx

Only just seen these.
I had bloods and no issues with clotting but my consultant at the time
Said to try the aspirin..
I had a few bleeds with this pregnancy and stopped taking it around 10'weeks, my current consultant says there's no point in her opinion if there isn't a clotting issue xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back