Does anyone have a Groclock?

Rowesb

Reaction score
just wondering on opinions, T is 2 1/2 near enough, but I am not sure he would get it yet???

The 4 year old I look after has one, he pays absolutely no attention to it. I think if it's enforced properly, they're a great idea.

Ah I see! It looks like a good idea xx I think it depends on the child's understanding tbh at this age x

We have one for my DS, it works like a dream now (he's 3 and a half). It didn't work so well when we tried it when he was younger (about 2) but he was a terrible sleeper then and tbh I probably didn't enforce it enough because it was easier to bring him in my bed!

DS knows he has to stay in bed until the sun comes (we've got it set for 6am at the moment), sometimes he'll sleep past it but sometimes I hear him awake at 5.30ish but he doesn't come in our room until bang on 6! I'm going to try slowly sneaking his round to 7 because 6 is a little early for my liking!

Xxx

I was wondering if although the company says 2 whether it was a bit young.... sounds as though it is a bit really....

I think it depends what you want to use it for and also on the child. If your LO is generally a good sleeper and you just want to use it to get them to stay in bed for a bit longer in the morning/at nap time then it may well work, if your LO is a bad sleeper and waking lots in the night like my son was at that age then it's not going to work miracles.

My DS definitely understood the concept of the clock at that age, he just chose to ignore it!

Xxx

Last edited:
hmmm, might see if I can locate a second hand one after Christmas...
he is a good sleeper but wakes and gets up at 5.30 without fail...

I've just got one for my 20 month old! She's good at sleeping but is waking shortly after 6am and we are trying to use it to get her to stay in bed until 7am. First night last night so only just starting to show her how it works. Really think it depends on your child but I think she will get it - time will tell! x

Im thinking of getting one, LO sleeps til about 7 these days which is great but when the sun starts to come up earlier its really difficult to keep them in a routine. I think the gro anywhere blackout blind is an essential accompniment to this for the spring/summer early starts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back