Does anyone have a breathing monitor? Need help please!!

princesskel

Reaction score
Hello I am currently using the tommee tippee breathing mat and monitor for my baby girl - she is nearly 16 weeks old. Never had any problems with it in the moses basket but since i have moved her into the cot it keeps going off all the time!! I have it set to high sensitivity and she lies directly above it but it goes off between 3-8 times a night - she is definetly not stopping breathing as i have watched it go off while she was happily kicking around!! Is driving me crazy but i cant not use it as she was premature and actually stopped breathing when she was 4 weeks old so am very nervous still. Also i have noticed it starts the false alarms in the early hours of the morning - 4am and not usually before then. Anyone else had this problem? thanks xx

I've had this...it's a common problem with most of these machines. Normally it's because the baby has fallen into a really deep sleep...or because they have moved off the mat.

I had problems with my Angelcare one and when I rang their helpline they told me to DECREASE the sensitivity...I'd done the same as you and increase it which made it more sensitive to non movement... it's odd but apparently according to Angelcare thats how they work.

If you turn it down and see how it goes first then if it's still doing it I would suggest it's faulty and to contact the manufacturer

:hug: :hug: :hug:

hi , i too have the same monitor as my baby was born at 29 weeks and would stop breathing whilst in hospital . he is 19 weeks and he still sleeps in his crib as the pad can cover all areas of the crib regardless if he is laying directly over the pad . i can only think that your baby may be rolling off the pad as i dont think the pad is sensitive enough and big enough to cover the whole cot if baby moves. it is strange that it is going off at 4.00 am if it goes off again check babys color before lifting out of the cot if color is fine and breathing then it is definatly false alarms. how long have u had the monitor , could it be faulty ? i keep forgetting to turn monitor off when taking him out of the crib :wall:

We have the angelcare one - in the manual it says to put plywood under the sensor if you have a slatted cot base.

"Just place a piece of plywood underneath the mattress. The plywood should measure at least 41cm x 61cm x 2cm (16" X 24" by 3/4"). Put the Sensor Pad on this firm flat plywood surface for excellent movement detection."

Might be worth a go?

Thank you so much for all the replies -it is a nightmare as Rhianna sleeps through solidly but i keep gettting woken up every 5 minutes by the alarm! It is on a slatted base so will try the wood thing and decrease sensitivity and see if that helps. thanks for the advice. Otherwise i think it must be faulty as i have sat up and watched her breathing normally and the alarm still went off!! Just cant bring myself to stop using it as apart from the false alarms it is the only way i can get any sleep. kelly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back