Does anyone else not watch any soaps?

Discussion in 'TV, Film & Entertainment' started by Urchin, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I used to watch Neighbours and Home & Away years ago and I watched Eastenders when I lived at home with my parents.
    After I had Mason I started watching Eastenders again but I was really aware of how much screaming and shouting was in it and I didn't want him to hear arguing all the time.

Now I watch no soaps at all... I have no idea what people are on about in half of the threads in this section!

2. Emmylou

Emmylou Well-Known Member

I cut out watching soaps for about 6 months after Libby was born, and actually hardly watched anything regularly on TV, then I started plussing them and catching up when there was nothing else on. Think I got back into Eastenders when there was a big storyline (can't even remember what that was now though) and then C.St followed, and then Hollyoaks, and now I like to keep up with them again :oops: :roll:

3. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

*gasp* what on earth do u do when hollyoaks is on?! :lol:

4. valentine

valentine Well-Known Member

I definitely go through phases.

5. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

I only watch Hollyoaks for soaps, but it's on when I am doing the dishes so not really paying a huge amount of attention... hate corrie or enders and HATE emmerdale - yawn!

6. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

The only soap I've ever been able to watch without being bored is hollyoaks. I'm not too bothered though if I keep up with the story or not so if i'm not around to watch it I don't really mind.

7. Melanie

Melanie Well-Known Member

I dont watch soaps. I havent seen Eastenders or Corrie since i left home at 17.

8. glitzyglamgirl

glitzyglamgirl Well-Known Member

ive watched hollyoaks since day one, love it, but its the only soap we watch.

I used to watch nieghbours, home and away and geezerbenders too but wouldnt know who anyone is anymore :lol:

9. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

I can't stand soaps.... seem pointless to me.. I used to watch Neighbours when I was at school, otherwise I had no idea what people were talking about at school the next day... I last watched Eastenders when I left home 11 years ago... So God knows whats happening now... :roll:

Personally I think most soaps are crap... and the whole Eastenders thing... OMG is Everyone in Albert Square related to each other??? Doesn't it class as incest at some point... plus I lived in London for years, and I never even spoke to my neighbours most of the time... Its just sooo far fetched...

I won't watch Spanish soaps either, mind you the acting is terrible.. :roll:

10. fothers

fothers Well-Known Member

I don't watch any soaps at all either :)

11. Emma58

Emma58 Well-Known Member

I can take or leave watching soaps. I go through phases where i watch them.
    I think the last time i watched Eastenders was when Ian's son lost the plot. Corrie is the only one I have any inkling as to whats happening.
    And Hollyoaks is only for watching on a Sunday morning in bed with a hangover, and that hasn't happened for yonks!!

12. debecca

debecca Well-Known Member

I don't watch any soaps and haven't done for at least 10 years.

I have to confess to watching the odd crappy Reality TV show though :oops:

13. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

I don't - can't stand them!

14. Sherlock

Sherlock Well-Known Member

I don't.

Stopped ages ago when I went to live overseas and when I came back I found them boring and loathe them on every weeknight. I'd rather they go back to twice a week and be done with it. Much nicer and used to be something I could then follow.

15. soulem

soulem Well-Known Member

I dont watch any either, infact I rarely watch tv at all!!!! :shock:

16. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

I've just started back with Eastenders...you gotta watch the xmas storylines!!!! :wink: