does anybody have fake boobies??

gerb

Reaction score
hi girls i wonder if anyone can give me any advice! :oops:
i can ask these things that have been on my mind since my bfp now im in second tri!

i always intended to bottle feed, my mum bottle fed, but reading my little books iv got im starting to feel guilty...

I had a boob job back in the day before id met my hubby and never EVER thought i would have a baby, wel anyway i vaguely remember being told by the surgeon if i ever have a baby not to breast feed as it would severely alter the cosmetic appearance and i would need to have it done again. I can physically breast feed as the implants are under my muscles so my boobs arent disrupted...its just i dont want to have them done again- id rather spend our money on the baby (changed priorites!!)

anyway i was wondering if anyone has been in this situation

i really wanted dad to be able to feed baby too so had been considering expressing milk and then bottle feeding and just keeping the boobs in a sports bra all the time until i finshed- i dont know if that would help more or not- am i being completely unrealistic?? obviously never having a baby before i have no idea...

also bottle warmers?? i figure baby needs warm milk but one of my friends says cold milk is ok- does anyone have any opinions on this?

ty xx

Can't comment on the boobs.

I'd always warm a bottle for a baby though. Never given a baby cold formula. As close to the temp it would be from your breast.

thanku- yeah i think that too, best to be safe i think ill stick to that plan ty x

Hi Huni

Dont have fake boobs - yet but hoping to get implants and uplift after baby number 2! (not everyones cup of tea but im only 26 and have boobs of a 75 year old!!)

I breast fed my first and my friend didnt and hers are more droopy than mine, so im not quite sure what the best advice is? it depends how much larger they have become, as the skin stretches and then once youve had the baby your left with the excess skin but your actual breast shrinks hence the droopiness, so you could end up not breast feeding and still end up wanting them done again??!! But if you havent noticed much of a difference you should be fine.

I wouldnt feel guilty about bottle feeding i am going to this time as i found breast feeding for 4 months really hard and draining as he was on demand every hour or so! Its totally up to you and no one should judge you for it, its your baby and your choice!!

As for the bottle warmer i had one of them the first time round which is still in the box, i found Jayke preffered his bottle at room temperature (the same as breast milk) If you prepare each bottle with boiled cooled water and then add the formula as and when you need it, instead of pre preparing them all and storing them in the fridge, its much easier when your out and about and tommee tippee bottles have a little storage container for formula which sits inside the bottle!!

Sorry this is such an essay but after wasting so much money on baby products and making so many mistakes first time round just trying to give the best advice!!

Hope it helps x x x

hi........I havent got any advice for you but I am going to make a point of finding out about the breastfeeding thing.........I was told breastfeeding would be fine.......never gave the 'going out of shape' thing a thought as this is the first ive heard so hope someone replies with info..........by the way, how dyou know if they r behind the muscle or not? :? ...........oh and when I had my other kids, while waiting for breast milk to kick in the hospital used to give you those little ready made bottles of cow&gate.....they were cold.....so must be fine :) ............

-lisa- said:
oh and when I had my other kids, while waiting for breast milk to kick in the hospital used to give you those little ready made bottles of cow&gate.....they were cold.....so must be fine :) ............

My hospital has milk warming facilities for bottles etc :think:

I'd not give cold formula on a regular basis ever though. Nature designed babies for milk to be a certain temp, I'd want to go with that at least :lol: As close to breast temp (and if thats room temp then :) ) or warmed.

Sorry to butt in, but I think you are both right on the milk temperature thing. I breast fed my son for the first 4 months or so then switched to formula. I always warmed it up for him - not too hot, about room temperature - thinking it would be best, but he would never drink it warm, would wait till it had cooled right down and preferred it cold. I do think its better for them to have it warmed, but at the end of the day its up to baby's preference what they like. He is the same now with food, prefers most things to be cold before he will touch them, so I usually end up cooking his meals first and allowing them to cool while I cook ours, but its a pain if we eat out anywhere cos it takes us so long to vacate the restaurant!! Hopefully he will grow out of it, and I continue to provide hot food hoping he will get used to it!

lisa282 said:
Sorry to butt in, but I think you are both right on the milk temperature thing. I breast fed my son for the first 4 months or so then switched to formula. I always warmed it up for him - not too hot, about room temperature - thinking it would be best, but he would never drink it warm, would wait till it had cooled right down and preferred it cold. I do think its better for them to have it warmed, but at the end of the day its up to baby's preference what they like.

O for sure it's babies preference, but I'd always start out with warm/room temp and if not keen let it cool.

Hoping your LO starts liking hot meals as he gets older. I'm sure he will :)

ok thanx for all the advice!!
i think i will get a bottle warmed and start that way- if baby doesnt like it i will let it cool, but as i was intending to express and bottle feed if it goes in the fridge i will need to warm it up (ie night feeds) at least a little. if i dont need it i will donate it to someone on here. i had kittens before whos mum died and i always warmed their milk!! but i think i will strart that way and see what baby likes

re my boobs :oops: when i had them done i had a consult and if u have really little breast tissue- like i do (instead of decent sized boobs and wanting humoungous ones) or u want natural looking ones (as apposed to the 'stuck on' look), they prefer to put them under the muscle asu dont see the implant outline- this means that they dont interfere at all with ur breast tissue hence i can still breast feed. i presume if the very little amount of natural tissue i have goes sagging that wont affect the implant position just the skin on top. wen u have a boob job u have to wear a supportive bra for about 6weeks or more (i cant remember exactly now) to keep it in shape so i was wonderinging if keeping them in the bra for the duration of 'expressing' would keep it in shape but still allow baby to get the best milk and prevent me buying formula

iv been searching the net for pics but i only see ones after bf and then having the surgery- so im the wrong way round!!

My mum has false boobs and she's a mod on a breast forum (she only had them done a couple of years ago so she hasn't personally breastfed since having them) but she said lots of women on there do and it hasn't affected them...

If you have little breast tissue and it's mainly implant that fills your bra (as in my mum's case - she had hardly ANY breast tissue lol) then I shouldn't think it would alter the shape, if it does, surely it'll only be a tiddy bit?

Hope that's a little bit of help?! Sorry I can't help more! :hug: xx

I think it must depend on what kind of boob job you've had as to whether you can breast feed or not.

Some women are able to following surgery and others aren't.

As for bottle warming, I think health visitors give out different advice on this. A friend of mine had her baby last summer and was told to boil the kettle, fill the bottles up with liquid and leave them on the counter top until a bottle is required. Once baby was ready for a feed, add the formula so the bottle was given at room temperature.

We always warm our bottles up but I can see the advantages of giving baby room temp bottles, especially at night.

The bottles at hospital aren't cold as such, more like room temperature.

thanx girls!
danni i have no natural boob really(!) so maybe it will all be ok, im probably thinking too much as usual

hi i had implants after breast feeding my 1st and am now pregnant again, i would like to breast feed but have been told i have PIP implants that wer in the news recently and they may or may not have burst ( harley medical wont check and neither will the nhs!) does anyone know if this will affect my unborn baby or breastfeeding?

oh i dont wanna go back to my boob size after having baby will they go even smaller after your 3rd id love a boobie job but will never be able to afford one :(

hiya

I've got breast implants & have never heard that breast feeding could affect the aesthetics. Mine are 5yrs old now & this is my first baby, I plan to have 2 tots in total & then get them redone anyway (should take me to around the 10 year mark when they'd probably want a change anyway!) Mine are over the muscle so slightly different & I do plan to attempt breastfeeding, I have heard that it's not so much the breastfeeding that can change (or ruin!) your dudes, but more so the actual pregnancy altogether...but I'm not sure if that's just what 'they' say to try to convince you to do it! Either way, I do want to give it my best shot, for the baby's sake. :)

On the bottle warming front, a few of my friends have opted for the non-warming option for ease, particularly during the night, but personally I feel it would be nicer for babs to have it warm since that's how it's intended naturally (via breast), so i don't mind getting up to warm it in the night....well I say that now ;)

Hiya hun!

I had a boob job back in Sept 09, I had anatomical partially under the muscle. I had very little breast tissue (32a and had 410cc impants) but was told that breast feeding wouldn't be a prob. I was worried about the effect pregnancy would have on them, without sounding really selfish! I'm nearly 17weeks now and over the moon! Theres a girl that has just had a baby on one of the boobjob forums I go on and they look fab, and I know she has breast fed too.. So it has totally eased my mind! I know everyone's different but I'm hoping they won't change much!

Hope this helps a little!
Becky xxx

Don't no about the boobs,

But regards the warmer. When making bottles u let the boiled water cool b4 addin formular then shake it together I'd it's to cold it won't mix proper, I used to make a few bottles then put them in fridge but I've heard they say don't do that now( even tho I will be doing) then I used to put a bottle out if fridge in bottle warmer for a min just to heat threw think son had it little bit warmer then room temp but not much x x

Hi chick. Can't comment on the boobies issue. I had one baby who was peen who I breast fed (pump) and one who was bottle fed. Both are doing great so don't feel guilty if you cant. As for the bottle warmer, don't bother they take forever. Just pour the boiled water to 6 bottles and store at room temp then add formula as and when, if it feels a bit cold put it in boiling water for a minute or so. Also I had prem baby at 25 weeks and he wasn't the best feeder but was always told never to give a baby a cold or warm bottle. Ideally it should be at body temp as the babys gut finds this easier to cope with there for reducing trapped wind etc. Hope that helps xxx

Me, I have over the muscle. I've breastfed 4 children with them without problems xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back