Does 1 a day matter?

xx.kelly

Reaction score
I'm trying sooooo hard to stop smoking and have already cut down from 10 a day to 1 in the morning....i want to staop having this one in the morning....but I can't stop myself :(

Nothing in my will power will stop me from picking up the fag out my boyfriends pack in the morning :(

Is one cigarette a day really harmful to the baby?

yes 1 a day is harmful coz that 1 a day adds up along a week/month etc, you're boyfriend needs to help you by not smoking around you, or even quitting with you!

good luck hun & do it for your babies health. :hug: :hug:

Kelly, my fag in the morning was almost my favourite too so I totally understand. I just quit altogether though, I just kept thinking that I would blame myself if anything was wrong with the baby and that kept me going. I still think about smoking but funnily enough, never in the morning. You can do it, and you'll feel so much better for doing it x

as weenik said, 1st fag off the day was like my life saver!!
but i just had 2 give up totally 4 bubba
been about 5 weeks now n im totally gaspin 4 1 :(
x sophie x

Even one ciggy you are cutting off the precious oxygen your baby needs to breath in and grow and your still passing nasty tastes too, it has been porven that babies can taste ciggies in theor amniotic fluid.Yuck

Kelly,

Congratulations you, on getting down to 1 a day!!!! :clap: Hey, even the pregnancy books all say that if you can't quit that less than 10 a day is best and you're doing MUCH better than that.

But before we get ahead of ourselves and this lot here spear me to death :D for okaying your 1-a-day habit, I just wanted to ask a couple of things, if that's okay?

1) how long does that 1 cigarette last you? I mean, do you smoke it all at once, in about 5 minutes? If so, that means you can now go for 23 hours and 55 minutes a day without a cigarette. Why not try going for that other 5 minutes without one?

2) you know you want to, or you wouldn't be writing here! You're not really writing here for reassurance that it's ok to have that one cigarette, are you? You're really hoping for some support to stop that last one.

Well, you know, you're actually making your task of giving up a lot harder, not easier (I know you think clinging on is helping you, but it's not). Instead of getting past the worst of the craving in 1-3 days, you're just renewing your craving every morning and then having to use mamoth willpower EVERY day, instead of less and less every day (if you'd give that one up). Remember this:

No nicotine=less craving every day (worst days 1-3)
ANY nicotine and you carve the same EVERY day (every day a hard struggle).

Why are you taking the hardest route? Do you like punishing yourself? It's actually not as hard as you think to give up completely.

Just give it a try for one day and see what you think?

Good luck!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back