It's been a week - I'm finally admitting I can do it!

Discussion in 'Health, Beauty & Dieting' started by -, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Guest

After being in hospital for a week I have given up smoking!! (partly as I wanted to and partly as I was scared that if I went for a walk downstairs I would encourage contraction)

My last cigarette was a week ago today and I am dead proud of myself for staying away from them now I am home :D OH is still smoking but I no longer get agitated when he has a fag and I don't.

Just wanted to share my bit of news coz I'm pleased with myself - the last time I went this long without a cigarette was when I had my tonsils taken out Feb 2003!! :shock: (and that wasn't by choice). Here's to staying fag free :D

2. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

Well done Sami!!! If you can manage an extra few days you'll probably never want to go back to it again. Hurray!! :D

3. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

well done hun!

xx

4. Guest

I never want to go back already - I feel sick when I smell a fag now! I should have quit a long time ago but better late than never eh.

5. lisa31

lisa31 Well-Known Member

Well done Sami

We are all here to support you. I stopped 2 months ago, and although I still have my off days with it - i dont regret it one bit.

If you ever think of having one - just come on here and we will talk you out of it!!!!!!!

Well done again - you never know this could help the little one stay in there even longer!?!!!

L x

6. Guest

They do say that smoking can increase the chances of having a prem baby and even if me giving up helps by 1% then I'll happily do it. I don't want to make my baby smaller than he already is - he needs the best chance and only I can give that to him at the moment :)

Thanks for all your support!

7. lisa31

lisa31 Well-Known Member

I didnt know that Sami, well even if you do it until little one is here - its gotta be better than nothing.

Just be proud of yourself for doing it at all!- its one of the hardest things ever - but stay strong we are all here to help!

Like you say even if it helps 1% its something. Well done!

L x

8. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

Well done Sami, you have got through the worst part, it is just determination and breaking the habit from now on. Rememeber that cravings only last for 3 minutes!! I gave up over six months ago and I would never ever go back to being a smoker again, it was one of the best things I ever did.

Keep it up and well done again xxxxx

9. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

That is bloody excellent news girlie! Keep it going and chew lots of gum ;)

10. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Yay Sami, well done!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Brilliant Sami, it will benefit you as well as baby. Well done for staying strong, keep it up, we're all here to support you! :D :D :D

12. Guest

Thank you guys the encouragement is helping me stay strong :)
    I spent about 2 hours with smokers tonight and can honestly say I didn't even want one at all. It stank!! What was I doing it for all this time! :shock:

13. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I know I got to that point pretty quickly too. I think it's natures way ofmaking sure we don't start again lol!

14. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I agree with that entirely Sami ! It's been 3 weeks and 2 days since my last puff on that horrid weed! I work in an office of smokers, and when one of them comes back from a break, the smell is actually burning my nose. It's awful!! And to think, we used to smell like that!

I also have managed a couple of nights out with smokers, and doesn't it feel good knowing you are stonger than them?!?!

Well done Sami - and to all others out there who have stopped. x