• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Doctors

Poppy1987

Reaction score
I'm going to try and get an appointment with my gp in the next few days I came off the pill in April 2011 shall I say that date or shall I say I have been ttc longer so they don't say oh keep trying etc xxx

I would say that date cos they normally want you to have been TTC for 12 months before referring you anywhere so they should do something for you. GL hun! x

Hey hun! I came off the pill April last year too & I went to my doctor the middle of last month & I'm now having blood tests and stuff done so fingers crossed they will help you, let us know how you get on xxx

Hi Tiny, I went to the docs today and I'm having a blood test next week. I was honest and said I came off the pill in April and said I have regular cycles etc. I came out feeling very pleased, my gp was very nice and understanding. Have you had your bloods done yet? X

Hey love, I'm glad your gp was understanding, mine has been fantastic too & it makes big difference :) I've had one set of bloods done and I've to go back on the 10th of this month for my 21 day bloods, will get the results after 3 days and this will tell the doctor if I'm ovulating or not, she has concerns that I have pcos and I'm not ovulating as my cycles are rather long, amongst other symptoms but if my bloods come back okay then hubby to be has to do a sperm analysis once he comes back from the army!! So have they told you what will happen next, or any bloods or whatever you need taken?xx

I'm having my 21 day bloods taken next week, I'm not too sure what they test for though? Will the bloods tell if I have pcos? I have regular cycles but sometimes I get little twinges on my side and I'm not 100% I ovulate.

My gp said once I have had my bloods if all ok then hubby will have his sperm tested and if we need more tests etc she said we would be sent to a fertility clinic but I am really hoping it will not come to that and it's just taking time. X

I think the 21 day bloods test for hormones and stuff and will let the doctor see if your Ov or not!! I don't think they can give a def answer whether you are pcos or not but if they come back and the dr has concerns, they will probably send you for scans etc!! Really hope it goes ok for you hun, as I know how stressy it can be waiting on results and what not xx

I'm glad that your doc was helpful and you are getting your bloods done. I'm in the process of getting mine done again with the hospital
Xx

Hopefully we will all get our results around the same time. And all good results I hope! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back