Doctors never tested

gangofgin

Reaction score
hey all
over the last couple of weeks ive felt funny and kinda just thought i was pregnant, anyway, after 5 digital clear blue tests all saying pregnant, i decided to accept that i may actually be pregnant and go to the doctors.
me and my other half went and i explained that id done tests and he didnt even test me himself, he just filled out some forms and weighed me.
the only thing is, even though i know all these tests said i was pregnant, id still like it confirming from the doctor and me and my boyfriend are saying things like 'if i am pregnant' etc rather than actually just accepting i am.
is it normal for them to not do a test at the doctors?
i dont even know what im doing to be honest, my doctor didnt really say much at all, filled out some forms and i asked him to do a test and he said there was no need if id done them. then he gave me folic acid and sent me on my way.
i would have liked to have gone to my mum and asked her or something but they say its bad luck to tell people before 3 months dont they? and im maximum 5 weeks gone.

This is what my doctor done with me both times aswell. I didnt mind so much the second time btu the first time it was scary as you've obviuosly never done it all before, and they treat you as if youve done it before, which doesnt exactly ease your worries. I dont think they realise that women are scared and they should explain things alittle more to a first time mum.

Your midwife will probably be a lot better because its what they are trained to to. until thenjust relax and take care of yourself, and just bug us if you have any worries :D :hug: .

sorry hun but most doctos will just take your word for it and wont retest you unless you really want them to you could go back and ask for a test just to put your mind at ease.
its up to you weather you tell peope before 12 weeks ive told a few people but i no loads of ladies on here have to everyone lol
congrats on you pregnancy aswell
manda xx

Doctors generally don't bother to test you as the home tests are so accurate now and are often the same tests that they would use at the surgery anyway.

If you've had positive tests then you are pregnant! Its very unlikely to get false positives and the fact that you've missed your AF means its pretty conclusive!

I really didn't believe it until I had my first scan as I haven't suffered with morning sickness.

Don't worry, everything is fine - and it's completely normal to feel like this.

Maybe you'd feel better if you did confide in your Mum, am sure she'll keep you secret as well as reassuring you.

hey hun

firstly congratulations!!!

its perfectly normal for the Doctors to rely on your home tests now as they are as reliable as the ones they do themselves. I wanted mine confirmed really as I thought it would make it more 'real' and official but once you get those syptoms staring you wont need any doctors word for it that you're pregnant LOL!

I think after 5 tests you can safetly say you ARE pregnant instead of IFs :D

If you want to tell your Mum babe then do it! I think having your family for support is one of the best things you could ever have and I wouldnt be able to cope without mine. My Mum is my hotline for advice and all my family knew from the day I got my BFP :D

xx

thanks everyone.
i feel a bit better knowing that, and ive let my boyfriend know that its normal not to test at the doctors. not sure hes as eased about it as i am but hes not the pregnant one, so who cares? :)

First of all - congrats on your pregnancy. I wish you a healthy and happy 9 months!

Secondly, it's true that doctors don't tend to do tests anymore as the HPT's are as reliable as the ones they do in surgery :)

Congratulations! I didn't have a test done at the docs either :)

Congrats!

My doctor never tested me all 3 times I've been pregnant. The last 2 times I never even saw the doctor just went straight to the MW :)

Congrats on your pregnancy :cheer: :cheer:
It's not the norm for doctors to do a pg test anymore due to home tests being so accurate.
I would tell your mum if I were you, just tell her to keep it quiet. She'll be able to give you some good advice and support

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back