Doctors appointment tomorrow

reallyoldmum

Reaction score
Well we are off to the doctors tomorrow to try and find out why I dont seem to be able to maintain a pregnancy, or as my DH says to get some womb glue!!!

I am pretty sure that I have problems with the level of my progesterone but last time I went to see them they were reluctant to do anything about it - at 41 I think time isnt on our side but they keep on saying we should wait until we have been trying for 12 months. Now I would lie but they removed my coil back in March so I cant so can anyone give me any advise on what to say????

I have printed my charts from FF to take with me and I think it shows really clearly exactly where my progesterone drops........

Any help would be much appreciated, I feel so low anyway without having to fight to get it sorted.......
:wall: :wall: :wall:

Good luck ROM, to you and DH, I really hope the give you some good news and sort out the problem.Isn't it infuriating when they just tell you things are looking 'normal' and to keep trying (for at least 12 months)?

They gave me the impression that they were less bothered by the age than we are :think: and that, because women are having babies later in life, 40 is now the new 30 :rotfl:

Good luck! Is it your GP, or a hospital appt? My GP told me he'd consider 12m under the age of 35 an issue, 6m over 35 (I asked what was normal as I'm 31).

You could lie anyway - say you've been trying for 12m, but it was only after 6m that you realised you still had the coil in! :D

Hope you get the response you want - and the charts should make a difference, you're doing half their job for them.

i dont really have any advice but just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow. You never know you might get your dr on a good day, this seems to make a difference.

:hug: :hug: :hug: reallyoldmum :hug: :hug: :hug:
I hope the appointment got you any tests you need, and it was a positive and helpful experience, wishing you lots of luck :hug:

Hope all goes well today - let us know the outcome x x x

Good luck at the docs.

Just a note.....I am 37 and it took me about 7-8 months to concieve and my friend who had her little girl at 39 took 18 months.

I wouldnt give up hope yet :hug:

they should do something after 6 months. Those are the nhs guidelines. Dont let them fob you off.

Good luck. I do hope that everything turns out to be ok.

Michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back