Do you want to know the sex of your baby b4 it is born?

newbump

Reaction score
People keep telling me that I shouldnt find out what the sex of my baby is at my scan, my BF def does not want to know, and I dont think I do, but know that in a few months im going to be soooo curious!!

Does anyone else feel like this????

Natalie

Hi Natalie!
I feel like that too. I jst want to know so that when i am further on in my pregnancy i can buy coloured clother ie pink for a girl blue for a boy. I would be really curious. Do you have a bump yet?

Yep, but then i have never had a completley flat tummy!! Im not sure if its just due to me being bloated a lot, but tummy certainly sticks out now!! Im a bit worried there maybe more than one there!!! Twins arent in my family or BF's but they have to start somewhere! Plus both BF and me are the same star sign, and since we found out we have read 3 different times about twins!!!

Are you showing yet??

Natalie x

Hi Natalie!
I am not really showing no. I wasa size 10 before I was preg and dtill am, it just looks like i have a bit of fat hanging over my pants. I just want a bump so bad x

Yea i was size 12 and my trousers are now getting very tight! got my first scan next week so really excited!!!

Natalie x

i really wnat to know the sex as im sure its a boy! i dont understand it, the genitlas are fully developed at 14 weeks but why dont they do and ultra sound until 20 weeks? maybe the equipments is just still really poor! i really want a 4D scan too! bit expensive though! i bet in 5 years the NHS will use them.
I have a small tummy forming even though the baby is small i think its just the uterus etc. its my belly button line i have like a ridge.

The reason they don't do the second scan till 20 weeks is because they are looking at other things than just the genitals. In fact they only check the genitals if you ask as there is no medical reason for them to look.

The heart and liver/kidneys etc. are best seen at 20 weeks to check for abmnormalities etc.

I've got my next scan on 1st june and i have to decide whether i want to know the sex, Bf says he does and he thinks it's a boy, i'm curious to know but would also like a suprise so watch this space, we have also decided to have the 3D scan done when i get to 24 weeks apparently it's best after this time as the baby is starting to get a little chubby :D i'm in Adelaide at the moment and the scan costs $120 which is just under 60 pounds, and you get a 20 min DVD of scan 2 x 2D pictures and 2 x 3D pictures plus for an extra $10 you can have a disc with loads of still shots on it :D will put some on here when i have it done.

Mand x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back