Do you think I'll be ok?

sally331

Reaction score
I miscarried in may at 6 weeks and I'm now pregnant again.

As with the last one I have very few symptoms (tiredness and sore breasts) no m/s. i was getting a lot of abdominal pain at 5-7 weeks and went for an early scan at 6 weeks. Everything appeared to ok although this was still early. They also confirmed that I was 6 weeks.

My breast started off very sore at 4-5 weeks then somedays nothing and others just mild tenderness. It has carried on like this until now (10 1/2 weeks) but never as sore as from the start.

Last thursday (10th august)I had small amount of brown spotting which disappeared by lunch time and hasn't happened again. I phoned the EPU on monday and explained everything to them and they said if i wasn't spotting or bleeding again then just wait and see what happens they didn't think there was a problem.

I have read that you should be able to feel the top of your uterus above the pelvic bone by now but i don't feel any difference than when I wasn't pregnant.

I have convinced myself that I have had a missed miscarraige and that at my booking in scan in 2 weeks there will be nothing there. It seems like an eternity!

What do you think?

I really would appreciate any advise.
(I think my OH is getting fed up of me going on and on, although he has been very understanding and supportive)

Hi

Its really awful when you just have to wait N see isnt it.

I understand how you feel and falling pregnant after a miscarriage makes the whole process seem more stressful than normal.

I am only about 6 and a half weeks and fell pregnant after a miscarriage to, the only symptons I have a massive boobs and occasional nausea that only gets better if i eat something, but I just wanted to say with my son I had no symptons what so ever, no sickness no big boobs no tiredness and i found the whole pregnancy really easy, so i guess what i am trying to say is that sometimes having no sypmtons isnt a bad thing.
maybe its just natures way of giving you an easier time during your pregnancy.!

anyway good luck, and try not to worry.

x

Hiya Sally

Having very few pregnancy symptoms does not mean that you will not have a healthy pregnancy - Some women (myself included) will have little pregnancy symptoms at all - The most noticeable one being a bump! Sudden cessation of pregnancy symptoms before the 10th week can be a sign that something is not right, however it is normal for pregnancy symptoms to lessen around the 10 week mark as it is possible for the placenta to take over the production of hormones from this point onwards.

-The spotting you experienced is most likely due to hormonal changes - I had a browny pink discharge for a day or so at 9 weeks and an ultrasound that week showed my baby was fine.

Also your uterus does not usually start to rise out of the pubic bone until around 12 weeks - so theres some time yet for that to happen. My stomach too was unchanged at 10 weeks - I will even find you a picture to prove it if you like!

I know its easy for me to say "Don't worry" when it is such a worrying time, especially as you have previously experienced a miscarriage - But statistically 97% of pregnancies will progress to term once a heartbeat has been seen on an Ultrasound. You have that fact on your side.

Hope this has reassured you a little.

Lotsa
goodluck1.gif
goodluck1.gif
goodluck1.gif
at your scan in two weeks time.
happy20920mnths.jpg

Here you go look - My belly at 11 weeks - I couldn't feel my uterus had "popped out" until I was around 13wks.

10wks6.jpg

oh sally, rachael has said it all really pregnancy is a very worrying time we all worry but you have more reason than some due to your previous loss, im sure you will be ok and we are here for support for you as well. :hug:

Sally Ive had no MS whatsoever yet was sick as a dog with DD. I cant feel my uterus if I'm poking round either. I can tell there's "something" there if I'm sat down though. Whens your scan booked for?

Hi Sally,
I have got hardly any symptoms either even though when I had my little boy I was so ill i had to be admitted to hospital.I was really worried about my lack of symptoms too but I had a scan last week and everythong was fine so I suppose I am just being given an easier time this time.
Try not to worry, as youcan see there are quite a few of us who are experiencing very few symptoms.
Take Care
Paula

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back