• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think I could be?

tinker_bell

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm 25 and although we're not trying for a baby, I have been with my partner for 5 years - so it wouldn't neccesarily be a bad thing either (just scary!).

Anyway, I had my period around about a month ago (I'm cr@p at writing the dates down) and we (aherm) did the deed on 3rd March.

Since Sunday I have been feeling sick all throughout the day (until around 3pm) I can't really explain it - I don't feel as though I am actually about to be sick - just that constant nausea and different smells make me heave. I keep getting these waves of feeling realy hot too. Also, I am completely off my food during the day (unlike me) yesterday, all I could bring myself to eat was a dry piece of toast and some fruit for lunch. Oh, and I'm sooooo tired! I felt like going to sleep right after dinner at 7.30 last night - but managed to prise my eyes open un til 10.30.

This morning I have woken feeling sick again, have heaved twice! But I also feel slightly pre-menstrual today - a bit teary, slight stomach cramp and sore boobies.

My partner says it would be too early for me to feel anything, so I'm a bit confused!

Do I do a test or wait and see if my period arrives?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

x

Hello there :)

You could always do a test if you wanted - it certainly wouldn't hurt. It does sound too early to really get any symptoms...but that's assuming that you were already pregnant! Some women still have periods at the start of a pregnancy (not sure if they can contiune throughout - I think they normally stop after a while).

The symptoms you are describing are what I can feel at the 4-5 week mark - which is when I first know I'm pregnant.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply :)

Doesn't 2 weeks after conception mean you would be 4 weeks? Or have I gotten that confused? As you can tell I don't know much about this baby stuff :doh:

x

I had symptoms from the day i concieved but then i have been trying for a year and was pretty in tune with my body. The only was you will know for sure is to test if period does not arrive x

true sorry - selective reading :doh:

Yeah maybe...either you'll be preggas or you'll be due any day :D

As you're two weeks after possible conception there is a chance the symptoms you are getting could be pregnancy related but the only way you'll know for sure is to do a test.

If you are pregnant the dates will be calculated from the date of your last period so you could do with trying to work back to remember what date your period was.

Hmm, just thought I'd give you an update and see what you think? I'm V. doubtful now!

Basically, I still haven't got my period. All last week, had really bad sympoms - nausea, PMT like cramps, bad sore boobs, tiredness, frequent urination, food aversions, tearful - etc. and I was 98% covinced I was. . . Then this past week, the symptoms have eased off, except REALLY sore boobs, and cramps and my stomach feels harder than normal.

Anyway, I took a test 18 days past 'possible conception' negative. Then another 22 days past 'possible conception' still negative.

I went to the doctors on Thursday (to see what was going on with my period as I've never ever been late) he tested again (still negative!) and said that sometimes HCG levels may not show up enough until you are 2 weeks late for you period and to not worry and just test again in 10 days if my period hasn't arrived.

Today, I had some more PMT like cramps and when I went to the loo I had some darkish discharge (it has been creamy white for the last 2 weeks). When I wipe, there is a really slight pinkish tinge on the tissue - but nothing in my knickers adn it's not every time you go if you know what I mean?

My period doesn't usually start like that - it's bright red straight away, lasts for a couple of days and goes. I've been reading allt his internet stuff about blighted ovum's and ectopic pregnancies and now I'm really worried it could be something like that :(

Do you think I should go back to the doctors?

x

Hi babe,

I went to the docs at 5+5 because I had VERY sore boobs (looking back, it was probably from 4 weeks past menstruation/2 weeks past conception) and assumed it was down the pill I had just started... They did a test and it was positive... I didn't believe it so went straight to the pharmacy next door and bought 4 tests and also did one there and then. The pharmacist came in and said "you're not pregnant" so I was confused...

HCG levels DO fluctuate with some women so I would leave it a few days and perhaps go back to the docs/do another test :hug:

Hoping you get your BFP soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back