Do you still pay full student loan on mat leave?

SpinSugar

Reaction score
As the title really! Just had my yearly statement through and it got me thinking, do I have to call them to tell them or is it automatic through paye?

Xx

I have no idea hun, is there anyone at work you can call and ask? Have you seen a recent payslip.

I assume like all tax the amount will reduce if your earnings are reduced?

I only ever paid the minimum but had it all cleared years ago (I did finish uni in 2001 though :shock:)

xxxxxxxxx

Doesn't your student lone come off same as tax etc, and only as long as your earnings are over a certain point. That's how mind works, so mat pay is under the threshold so payments stop. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

student loan paents go off your monthly amount. eg normally my monthly income is above the 15k annual amount based on my montjly salary so i got charged student loan. my oh earns monthly normally less than the annual amount (hes on a studentship and so gers x amount which doesnt ciunt towards finance and then lectures on tip of that which is does count for srudent finance) however in his last pay check because he did a lot of lecturing he earned 4k. they then took this as being he earns that EVERY month and so charged him the appropriate syudent loan repayment. they said as its not reflective of his annual income hell get to reclaim it next tax year.

so basically no...when youron mat leave they dont charge you!! x

Fab news! I pay nearly 200 a month now. I don't think ill be as badly off financially as I thought :)

Xx

It will stop. It's 9% on anything you earn over 15k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back