Do you ovulate after stopping the pill?

Luna M.

Reaction score
After stopping the pill and bleeding for a week, does this count as withdrawl bleeding or is it a regular period?

My main concern is could I have ovulated after this withdrawl bleeding or do I need to get my 'regular' period first? I don't even know how long my cylce is off the pill so I wouldn't even know when I would ovulate this soon

You have your normal withdrawal bleed and count cycle day 1 as the first day of that bleed. You won't know when you will ovulate as it's your first month off of the pill, unless you are tracking with OPKs. Some people can ovulate fairly quickly, and others will take longer. I think my first cycle off of the pill I ovulated around cycle day 18, I only knew this by when my period arrived. From my second cycle onwards I used OPKs. x

As above, that’s a withdrawal bleed. You don’t need a regular period before you could ovulate, so you could potentially get pregnant without having a period now. Most people tend to ovulate between days 8-21 but it really does depend on the length of your cycle and you may have to wait a few months for your cycle to settle into some sort of pattern before you know. Either that or use OPKs or temping to find out if and when you are ovulating. My doctor warned me that I may not ovulate for the first few months after coming off the pill.

I stopped my pill on 27th November. Had a period ( defo not withdrawal bleed ) 30th December. Next period 30th January. I have no idea how to work out when I will ovulate ‍♀️ I don’t want to test yet unless I don’t fall pregnant in the next few months. Just would be nice to know what days. Day 10 or day 15 according to whatever app you use !! So confusing x

I came off the pill in October. I had my withdrawal bleed and had a period between 27 to 31 days. I ovulated from my first natural cycle but my LP has varied. First 2 months was 9 days but recently it went up to 10. It can take awhile for ur body to get back to normality. I am keeping track of it and engaging with my doctor.

When i stopped the pill, it took 6 weeks for my first period to start. This was back in May/June.
My cycles have been all over the place ever since, some shorter and some longer cycles. I think it honestly takes a while for your body to learn what normal actually is.

Yeah it takes a while! I'm currently getting hormonal spots all my chest so it's showing my hormones are currently chaotic! I know it is hard but try not to worry hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back