Do you have a chair in your nursery?

TORino

Reaction score
As the title says really. Lol.

I'm deciding whether to put a chair in there or not. it;s a bit of a tight squeeze really but I have visions of feeding the baby in there at night and having somewhere nice and comfortable to sit.

I have a old fashioned rocking chair even though its a squeeze cos we haven't got a spare room for a nursery and baby is in with us. xxx

i'm the same i havent got room in his nursery but i have got a special chair downstairs in which i might feed him in, xxx

Henry's room is a bit on the snug side but I do have a chair in there. I'll be feeding him in there ice DH goes back to work so I don't keep him up. Don't wanna be goin up n down stairs at night with Henry in case i trip on a step or fall over a cat! A chair was a must for me xx

Thanks ladies. I was always going to put one in there but then when the furniture came its taken some organising and the chair looks like it doesn't fit comfortably.

I might try to get a smaller chair then. :D

I have one of the bentwood type chairs. Here is a pic of it in Henry's room. Not the best pic of the chair but u can get the jist of how big his room is xx

Attachments

• phuppimagetxj.jpg
    phuppimagetxj.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 29
Is that one of those IKEA chairs? That's the sort of chair I have! Lol.

Awww. Henry's room is very cute.

It is but I got the chair and footstool from aldi for £30!

I have a BF chair in my room - just think I can get up & feed baby - without living the room - then once baby goes in to her own room - will put chair in there! Didn't have a proper chair with t 1st! Total mistake - make sure your chai is comfy & near a tv! Night feeds are LONG & tiring ):

We have a rocking chair that we bought second hand, it came pine so oh painted it white but it's taking a lot more coats than we first thought and still isn't finished! I also got it cause when oh is back at work I don't wanna b up n down stairs, also might trip on a cat lol! X

Didn't have a proper chair with t 1st! Total mistake - make sure your chai is comfy & near a tv! Night feeds are LONG & tiring ):

Is it ok to bring baby into your bedroom to watch tv!?
I dont want to have to go downstairs to feed if I am successful with breast feeding???
Xxxx

Just remember ladies, if your breastfeeding, it's as easy as anything to feed laying down in your bed, it's the lasyest feeding I have ever done, (had 3 bottlefed babies till last baby), and neither of you really fully wakes up, even 4 feeds a night, were far more painless than 1 or 2 getting up and feeding, which may wake baby more

I'm hoping to BF and baby will be in my room for first 3months, in moses basket. Hope to do the lying-down position to feed so won't be needing a chair.
If this fails will have to move to living room to do night feeds (where the telly is) as house is so tiny, it wouldn't take too much energy.

Didn't have a proper chair with t 1st! Total mistake - make sure your chai is comfy & near a tv! Night feeds are LONG & tiring ):

Is it ok to bring baby into your bedroom to watch tv!?
I dont want to have to go downstairs to feed if I am successful with breast feeding???
Xxxx

Oh yes, of course!!! With my first - every time he woke for a night feed - on we get tv! You need it to stay away - plus if you are bf - it can be painful & it gives you something to concentrate on!!!! 1. Good bf tip - make sure your WHOLE nipple is on their mouth - including the areole!!! ;) x

I tend to just feed little man in bed at the moment but we do have a chair in his nursery but he isnt in there anymore!!
xxx

Just remember ladies, if your breastfeeding, it's as easy as anything to feed laying down in your bed, it's the lasyest feeding I have ever done, (had 3 bottlefed babies till last baby), and neither of you really fully wakes up, even 4 feeds a night, were far more painless than 1 or 2 getting up and feeding, which may wake baby more

I believe it's preference really - you have to do wants best for you & the baby! I couldn't get to grips with the lying down position (I did have mastitis & trust - I had the works) but sitting up kept me awake & alert!! Obviously the tv was quiet - but it helped me stay awake!!! I'm useless with lack of sleep!!! So a comfy chair & tv (or iPhone - good time to reply to all your messages) is a must!!!! Anything that makes the night feeds more pleasurable & comfy for yourself - I think we tend to forgot about ourselves x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back