Do you find baby is quieter some days?

Olive

Reaction score
Some days lo moves quite a lot, and other days he/she is a lot quieter and kicks are smaller. I just wondered if I'm the only one?

It was worrying me a bit this morning, but by lunchtime I had counted about 15 kicks and then stopped couting because I thought surely that's ok, even if small movements?

Got mw tomorrow, so will say to her. Just wanted to know I'm not alone - hopefully! :roll:

Thanks xx

Mine seems to have a few days on and a few days off. Bonus now though is that he's getting bigger so I can feel the smaller movements and not just the big kicks. It is difficult not panic though when he's having a quiet day.

I'm feeling the same today but I've put it down to him not having much room as he's 3 weeks ahead of schedule lol but he used to go quiet for a day having a rest then be active most of the day the next!! Training mummy to be paranoid I reckon lol xx

Thanks ladies, that's reassuring :hug:

Ninja, I'm exactly the same. Has a boogie at the weekend, then a quiet few days, then picks up again and so on.

xx

leos like that. got panicky at my last antenatal appt and they made me go to fetal assessment and he was fine. but now ive realised when he goes quiet one day he goes mad the next so i try not to worry that much. think you'll know when/if theres something wrong xxx

MW said to me to be looking for a minimum of 10. My bump has overactive days and her quieter days. On the quieter days she seems to have longer periods of not really feeling her and then making up for it all at once later on in the evening.

I have this too with bean :) I try not to worry but you just can't help it sometimes lol usually males up for being quiet during the day by kicking the crap out of me when I'm trying to get to sleep :/ xx

Im like this hun. If it has a mad day, its really quiet te next where I just feel it moving slightly instead of kicking.
Has me rushing for an ice cold drink lots!

Mine is the same. Always difficult not to worry on the quieter days!

Do you find that baby is quieter some days?

Short answer, Yes ;). My girl had a few days when she decided t be really active (and I mean non stop kicking here) from 11pm till 2 am for 3 days in a row. Then she quietened down and started kicking me mainly during daylight hours.

I think that as long as you feel them move at least a couple of times an hour every day you're fine :)

Mine must be the Duracell bunny, he is at it AAAALLLL the time!

Thanks so much ladies, it's really reassuring.

I had mw appointment today and she said sounds normal, but any concerns ever just to contact them. She said 10 movements too, but said doesn't have to be big kicks :)

ISH lol sounds like you've got yourself a break dancer in there! :hug: xxx

I get this too.
I think today Grace was really quiet, but that might have been because I was busy and therefore wasn't giving her much attention or putting much thought into her kicks. I was also wearing 5 layers of tops/jumpers whilst out fishing so that certainly cushioned her kicks :lol:

She's having a wriggle now and I'm giving her some attention, I do notice she's not as lively as some days though. Some days she's crazy active and other times she's just 'active'. I think deep down I know she's lively and making the right amount of movements, I'm sure I'd know if there was a big decrease in that. Mention it to midwife but sounds pretty normal to me.

Edit: Didn't realise you'd spoken to midwife already, ignore the last bit :D xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back