do they still break waters if..

xJuliex

Reaction score
baby isn't engaged? i heard somewhere that they will probably do a c-section instead of inducing if babys head isn't engaged :think:

xxx

i dont think thats true. some babies head dont engagde until labour starts. when my waters broke with harriet she wasnt engagded so they had to check when she did engagde after that her cord wasnt upfront

i mean if i didn't go into labour naturally would they risk breaking the waters and baby having a prolapsed cord

xx

Ive never heard that hun...i had my waters broken with my 1st and he wasnt engaged. he didnt engage until just before he was born.

None of mine have engaged at all!

Of course your hospital may differ from mine. :)

oooh good :D i'll have a word with the midwife at my app. this aft anyways and see what she has to say :)

Its always best to double check with middy!

Its complete relief when they break your waters!!!! it felt like id wet myself when they did it 4 me!! and i mean a major big wee :rotfl:

A c-section is major surgery so i wouldnt see why they'd go straight to doing that unless it was absolutely necessary.

Hi,

I had my waters broken with both the girls - was about 5cms the first time and 7cm the second so I'm guessing their heads were engaged by that stage. I don't think they'd do it unless you were in labour and it was taking a long time - they put you on a hormone drip first or give you a tablet to induce labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back