do Opk tests always show a line??

Carr87

Reaction score
as the title says does a line come up on evry test? iv been testing for a week now with 2 different brands (cheapy ones of ebay and asdas) ad im always getting a line about half the colour strength of the control line...............is this normal? or does a surge build up to a posotive line?

Hiya :wave:
I am not totally sure about this but from what I have read on here, it seems that alot of ladies always get a faint line at least. I would assume that the line would get darker and darker leading up to OV time. I don't trust internet cheapie ones myself, they always gave me a line but never a positive, on the same day as doing one of those, i took a digi and got a smiley face so I don't think they are too reliable xx

I get a faint line all through my cycle x

Hi carr87 - i always get a darker test line opk test strips are notoriously inaccurate according to my gp - mine come up as constant surging this can be due to multiple egg releases or just ur bodys individual hormone balance - some people find they are reliable tho - a faint test line is normal for most according to gp with a strong test line wiyhin 24 hours of ov x

also gp has told me that studies show counting days is equally as accurate so is up to the individual if they choose to spend money on opks x just a word of advice x

Hiya. We all carry a small amount of LH surge in our bodies even when we are NO where near ovulation.

You will get a very faint line on a opk ( ALL THE TIME ) even if your not in your fertile phase, it's only classed as positive when its almost the same as the control line or darker than. Keep testing hun, sometimes you can miss your surge its that easy to do, unless you test twice or three times a day ( like i do ). Testing onec isnt reliable as you will miss your surge, i test from 3pm then 7pm & 10pm that way i never miss my surge. I use internet opk's ( one step ) & they are 100% reliable for me, always get my surge on them.

Goodluck x

Last edited:
thanks for you replys.............i really dont know what to do this month, i dont know if ill even ovulate or not after mirena removal on 24th october as im not sure if the bleed i had was my true AF or a result of the removal. the waiting is doing my head in lol

hey i originally used in my first cycle some cheap opk's from bodycare and they never showed more than a faint line for me, so following cycle i used tesco opks and they were much better and i actually caught my ov this cycle, just gotta hope i caught the egg as well :) xxx

Bellarina good luck this month, ill keep evrything crossed for you...............im looking into a clear blue monitor now, reading good things about them xxx

yehiv considered one of those but theyr really expensive so think il wait a few more months before invsting lol xxx

Hiya. We all carry a small amount of LH surge in our bodies even when we are NO where near ovulation.

You will get a very faint line on a opk ( ALL THE TIME ) even if your not in your fertile phase, it's only classed as positive when its almost the same as the control line or darker than. Keep testing hun, sometimes you can miss your surge its that easy to do, unless you test twice or three times a day ( like i do ). Testing onec isnt reliable as you will miss your surge, i test from 3pm then 7pm & 10pm that way i never miss my surge. I use internet opk's ( one step ) & they are 100% reliable for me, always get my surge on them.

Goodluck x

Sorry Star but I think I should point out that not everyone is the same, and not everyone will get a line throughout their cycle. Mine only start showing a faint line 2 days before my surge, and then it goes from very faint to suddenly dark. Everyone is different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back