Do I need to see a dr?

ShineyHappyPeople

Reaction score
Lately I have had extremely itchy legs and boobs. I know itchyness is normal in pregnancy cos of hormones etc but my legs get so itchy that I have scratch marks all down them and cuts from bleeding! And I have a little rash behind each knee which is sore to touch and I barely scratched there. My boobs arent just as bad but I have scratched them into a rash before.

I googled this last night and heard of "Cholisatsis" which sounds very serious but this is probably really rare right? I don't fancy going to the drs because of itchy legs, she'll just say its normal! I haven't had any of the other symptoms like grey poo etc.

I do try to use my coca butter but I dont do it everyday, just when I remember! Perhaps my legs are just really dried out??

mayb you shud go see your midwife and see what she says. it might be normal, but if ur itching that much then it may be more serious than that.
ive bin itching alot in pregnancy, specially down my legs and boobs but i havent come up with rashes.
your midwife may advise you what to do or if not deffo go see your doctor.

hope all goes well hun

xxxxxx

I am the same, and am clawing track marks in my legs and arms at night :? I had just put it down to hormonal changes and will bring it up with the midwife next time.

Not sure what to advise hun, but if you're worried see someone! Our skin is more sensitive, are you using different bath creams or washing powder? I don't this the extreme weather helps either.

Minxy said:
I am the same, and am clawing track marks in my legs and arms at night :? I had just put it down to hormonal changes and will bring it up with the midwife next time.

Not sure what to advise hun, but if you're worried see someone! Our skin is more sensitive, are you using different bath creams or washing powder? I don't this the extreme weather helps either.

I don't think im using anything different but I am having more baths than usual so maybe its drying my skin out :think: Yes I should mention it at my next mw appointment, just got worried after googling it!!

If you're bathing all the time get some Oilatum to add. The mw can write you a prescription :)

I've been itchy and rashy too and made my belly bleed by scratching it so much. I've always been a bit of an itchy thing though and have suffered with eczema in the past :roll: Make sure the body butter etc that you're using is fragrance free as that could make it worse. Hopefully it will get better when the weather improves as i think this cold weather, then heating indoors dries your skin out.

Sounds like you have really, really dry skin and it's itching 'cause of the lack of moisture. I've got horrible skin on my legs since being pregnant - my legs actually look like an old lady's! I know I should have paid more attention to them and tonight my OH is gonna rub some cream into them for me. Have you tried using baby oil on them? xxx

allycat said:
Sounds like you have really, really dry skin and it's itching 'cause of the lack of moisture. I've got horrible skin on my legs since being pregnant - my legs actually look like an old lady's! I know I should have paid more attention to them and tonight my OH is gonna rub some cream into them for me. Have you tried using baby oil on them? xxx

Nope haven't tried baby oil - thought this palmers stuff was ideal for dry skin :think: will maybe try that out! thx

Baby oil is fab! Go off and relax for 10 mins while it soaks in and try and do it every day if you can...you will notice an improvement :D you can also add it to your bath and that will help too... been doing all this on my upper body but neglecting my legs :lol: xxx

allycat said:
Baby oil is fab! Go off and relax for 10 mins while it soaks in and try and do it every day if you can...you will notice an improvement :D you can also add it to your bath and that will help too... been doing all this on my upper body but neglecting my legs :lol: xxx

Great thanks, I will! anything for relief :D

:wave: Hello!
I had exactly the same problem, and I was worried about Obstetric Cholestasis because my sister suffered with this in pregnancy recently. I went to see my midwife and she took some bloods to test for it. She explained it is unlikely at this stage, as it's usually in the 3rd tri that it comes, but she wanted to make sure.
Anyway, I then had to see the Dr, but it wasn't OC, it was dry skin and she prescribed me some Diprobase to help moisturise it well. Anyone can use it, and you can lather it on til your heart's content all day every day. It does smell like primary schools though! :lol:
I'm still itching despite using this, but think I'm going to try the baby oil next! It started on my lower legs and my arms. This time it's my thighs and I have a nasty rash there now, and it's all dry and a bit sore.
Probably best to get it checked just in case though.
Good luck xxx

i'd suggest going to see your middy hun xxxxx

I came up wi a goodremedy last night.

Lush Dream Cream , SO soothing and helps stop the itching, followed by (cause DC isn't very heavy) Epaderm vaseline-type grease slathered all over.

I looked like I was swimming the channel when I went to bed last night but it seemed to do the trick :D

Yeah it sounds like dry skin to me....but best get it checked out just to be cautious!! :hug:

E45 cream?
btw be careful if youre putting oil in the bath incase you slip getting out :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back