Do big bumps usually mean early labour?

shesmurf

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm wishful thinking but surely if you have a huge bump there's more pressure on the pelvis that could help you get going that bit quicker? Don't get me wrong I don't want to compromise bumps health but a couple of weeks early would be nice.
I'm 26.5 weeks now and I feel extremely heavy now, bump just seemed to drop like a stone a week ago. My mum thinks it's a huge bump and my sister told me she knows a few women who only have a few weeks to go who are not as big as me! It's making me paranoid (not to mention damn uncomfortable). I don't have gestational diabetes, it would have been spotted before now plus I'm getting blood results this week which will confirm this so don't think there's anything sinister in it. However if baby size reflects bump size I suspect the morphine will be high on my birth plan list!

I've just ordered a bump support as my back is now killing me yet I never thought I would need anything like that. I'm no delicate flower, I was built to be a farmers daughter as my mum always used to say so I assumed being so sturdy I'd never have problems carrying a baby.
Has anyone else got to that stage or am I weeks ahead of myself here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back