dizzyness, lighthead feeling

Funkylady

Reaction score
Im at work,

had a good breakfast, drinking plenty and I keep getting a really horrible breathless dizzy feeling. Baby is pounding away in my tummy, feelings a bit different to normal movements.

After i get these dizzy spells, I flush up bright red and then go cold. Feel very weird and slightly worried.

I am sitting down, so not really exerting myself too much.

Any ideas?

xxx

Funkylady said:
Im at work,

had a good breakfast, drinking plenty and I keep getting a really horrible breathless dizzy feeling. Baby is pounding away in my tummy, feelings a bit different to normal movements.

After i get these dizzy spells, I flush up bright red and then go cold. Feel very weird and slightly worried.

Any ideas?

xxx

Have you had a blood test to check for your iron levels recently? Those symptoms could be signs of iron-deficiency anaemia.

OopsyDaisy said:
Funkylady said:
Im at work,

Any ideas?

xxx

Have you had a blood test to check for your iron levels recently? Those symptoms could be signs of iron-deficiency anaemia.

Ive only had the usual blood tests at my 16 week appointment, none taken since.

Got a midwife appointment on Tuesday for my 24 week check up. So if things continue I may ask her then.

As long as people don't think it is anything to worry about?

xx

hi hun some dizziness is ok in pregnancy however, it shouldnt affect you daily or on a regular basis so i would go see your doctor. dizziness can be related to low iron levels, gestational diabetes, or pre-eclamsia or it could just be one of those pregnancy things. talk to your gp and im sure he will take a blood sample and reassure you. i hope you feel better soon hun, dizziness is a horrible feeling.

xxxxxx

kimheath said:
hi hun some dizziness is ok in pregnancy however, it shouldnt affect you daily or on a regular basis so i would go see your doctor. dizziness can be related to low iron levels, gestational diabetes, or pre-eclamsia or it could just be one of those pregnancy things. talk to your gp and im sure he will take a blood sample and reassure you. i hope you feel better soon hun, dizziness is a horrible feeling.

xxxxxx

Thank you. I've just had some mini cheddars and a hot chocolate so hoping that will stem it off.

Still feeling breathless, but I think thats part of everything moving about in there.
Will keep an eye on it, and getting my sister in law to check my BP tonight (she is a nurse).

Thank you peeps.

Love this forum xx

ive been in and out of hospital with this problem towards the 3rd tri. i had loads of tests done, u need to have ur iron levels checked cos that could be a reason, also ur blood pressure could drop when u stand up from sitting or laying down. my widwife suggested if im laying down, to roll over onto my side and get up very slowly and sit for a few seconds before getting up :) bring it up at ur next mw appointment im sure she will tell you the same :) X

mummytoBee said:
ive been in and out of hospital with this problem towards the 3rd tri. i had loads of tests done, u need to have ur iron levels checked cos that could be a reason, also ur blood pressure could drop when u stand up from sitting or laying down. my widwife suggested if im laying down, to roll over onto my side and get up very slowly and sit for a few seconds before getting up :) bring it up at ur next mw appointment im sure she will tell you the same :) X

I actually do have a very low blood pressure anyway. Been sitting at 100/50 for the past two appointments.
I will mention it to her on Tuesday if it persists over tomorrow and the weekend. Its a horrible feeling, I feel really drunk!!

yeuch!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back