• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Disappointing 40 week appointment too.

NickyB

Reaction score
I do try not to whinge on here but I just want to today.

I went to see another different doctor today, as you know I haven't been able to get a MW appointment since July. Last week the doctor suggested I might have a sweep today, if I could book in with the MW (which obv' I couldn't). I was hoping the Doc might?

Anyway, I get there. She wants me to justify my due date because something on the screen suggests different, I felt she wasn't going to take my answer, private scans then the NHS scan was only 2 days out from that so my MW decided not to change it. But she just thought for a second then decided to go with it too.

Then, no question if I've had any signs, jump onto the bed and tells me she's not engaged. I mentioned the other doctor last week said 2/5th's and that I'd felt more engaged if anything. I'm aching down there now, really. She said she's normally wrong. So it was all a bit 'meh'.

So, I too, feel completely deflated today. What was I expecting though?

I do however have a MW appointment for next week, a rare-as-rocking-horse-schmidt MW appointment. I can't believe my luck!! ;)

:hug: Sorry it wasnt a good app hunni. Im sure Doc was wrong as im 2/5 and MW said he aint budging.

Hope MW app goes ok hunni :hug:

:hug: aw thats horrible. cant believe youve had such trouble getting just a appointment its terrible :hug: i hope it all happens tonight just to prove them wrong!xx

God she sounds like a right idiot im surprised you didnt smack her!!!!

:hug:

cant believe you struggle to get a MW appointment, thats crazy!! :hug:

the woman sounds mean, bet you are still engaged!! :hug: :hug:

How disappointing :hug: I bet your LO is engaged and this doctor was just not being thorough enough. You would thing she'd ask if you've had any signs at least :hug:

I am totally with you on the deflation feeling, although I'm not sure what I was expecting either. I guess the whole of the 9 months is spent waiting for this time but it really kind of sucks when you get treated like it is just another appointment. Although really it is just another appointment :?

I was also hoping for a sweep, I think I am jealous because Sharne got one without even asking :lol: ;)

Really pleased about your midwife appointment next week though :cheer: Although hopefully you won't need it and your little girl will be here by then :D :hug:

Thanks for your comments, tbh, she wasn't mean. I was disappointed.

Just looked at my notes and she's written 3/5th's palpable, so did she feel engagement or not? Why write it if she didn't?!

Ah well, I'm still making efforts of self-induction. I'm making chilli tonight and am gonna have loads of green chillis in mine!

3/5ths palpable means 2/5ths engaged the silly moo!! :roll: :doh:

I saw a doc the other day, OK, she was a trainee, but she has NO idea what she was on about (in all fairness though, they're not trained in that department, so they don't know a lot about it all) so try not to feel too down (easier said than done, especially after my HUGE whinge yesterday!)

I'm sure your MW next week will clarify everything. Who knows, after waiting this long for an appt with her, you might not even make it :lol: Typical! x

My MIL just came round after work, and I told her. She suggested the doctor meant 'not fully engaged' when she said 'not engaged'. That makes sense, I'm going with that!

I reckon the next week is going to drag. :/

Aww, sorry it was so disappointing. It sounds like the doctor could really work on her communication skills, even if she wasn't nasty about it!

Hope your chilli is delicious and gets things moving :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back