40 week appointment

Mildly

Reaction score
Just back from my last midwife's appointment and I feel a bit deflated. I was late because of the traffic which I don't think impressed the midwife. Oscar is still same position and 3/5ths engaged. Everything was very rushed (probably because I was late) and when I explained all my symptoms from the last two weeks - which I thought were encouraging signs - she wrote no labour signs in my notes :( She then said my next appointment will be on the 12th at the hospital where they will discuss induction. It all feels very anti-climactic though.

On a positive note he now has 8 days to get his arse in gear and make his own way out :D

I am sorry that your appointment wasn't as good as you had hoped. I remember a couple of mine not being great, all I wanted was for everybody else to feel as excited about the arrival of my LO as I was!! You will soon be holding Oscar in your arms hun :D

Xxx

Forgot to say that when Chloe was 3/5ths engaged, my midwife told me that they wouldn't expect anything more until I was in labour and she would move down more so Oscar is in a fab position hun :D

Xxx

Sorry you were rushed, she shouldnt of made you feel bad. And fingers crossed Oscar makes his way out soon.xx

Firstly ignore the engagement thingie i asked the consultant yesterday (As im the same as you 3/5) and she said it doesn't matter, when you labour they go down anyway...

Secondly I understand exactly how you feel about the induction/anti climax thing especially when its not expected... I have come to realise alot of babies for 1st timers are induced, its really sucky but I guess we still have the end product to look forward to...

Lots of hugs for you honey...

:hug:

Thanks girls :hug:

I think I'm starting to get worried that I won't get my water birth which is the only thing I really wanted from the birthing experience :( I know there is loads of time for him to come out naturally but it has just worried me a bit. Like you said Sharne, you don't realise how much of a likelihood induction is when you're just heading through the tris.

I was going to ask the midwife to see if things were looking favourable down there but I felt a bit bad because I was late and I didn't want to keep others waiting.

Lindsay, thanks for the reassurance on the 3/5ths. I've been thinking he should be making his way down further incrementally but that is good that Chloe was there until just before birth :D Hope things are going well for you and the family :hug:

Aww hun :hug: It's horrible when you get excited for things and other people rain on your parade and make you feel bad. I hope Oscar gets a move on for you! :hug:

I dont care what the midwife says! You have had signs (I read the thread on 37 weeks) and I think little Oscar will be here well before your due to be induced!! :hug: :hug:

Mildly said:
Thanks girls :hug:

I think I'm starting to get worried that I won't get my water birth which is the only thing I really wanted from the birthing experience :( I know there is loads of time for him to come out naturally but it has just worried me a bit. Like you said Sharne, you don't realise how much of a likelihood induction is when you're just heading through the tris.

I was going to ask the midwife to see if things were looking favourable down there but I felt a bit bad because I was late and I didn't want to keep others waiting.

Lindsay, thanks for the reassurance on the 3/5ths. I've been thinking he should be making his way down further incrementally but that is good that Chloe was there until just before birth :D Hope things are going well for you and the family :hug:

I want to have a waterbirth aswell, infact I think that and the whole rush thing is what made me sad about the induction... But apparently you can still have one if you don't have to have the drip so keep that in mind also with any luck he might pop himself free and make his own way out :)

Also she didnt "check"
you so you could already be starting to dialate ;)

Sorry it was a bit crap, try to stay positive hun.

Mine was poop too, wish I hadn't bothered.

Aww thanks, I think I'd built it up to be something exciting. Like Nicky said in her thread, I'm not really sure what I was expecting :lol:

Thanks for the reassurance about the signs, I think they have to be leading somewhere - no matter how slowly it is :D

I feel a bit better now, bit more like I was feeling yesterday where I'm not too fussed about things starting. Besides my true due date (based on ovulation) isn't until Saturday anyway! And I'm still sticking with my initial thought that he'll turn up on the 8th :D

Honestly, take it from someone who had zero signs - Evie wasn't engaged, cervix was unfavourable and tightly closed blah blah, as soon as I start getting signs similar to the ones you've been having, she's fully engaged and I'm 2cm dilated - It's doing SOMETHING. And there is every chance you'll go into labour naturally within the next few days sweet.

MWs are very "factual" and seem to think that unless your waters have broken, you've got no signs!! We all know that's a lie :wink: Look at the women who post about having a few signs the days leading up to labour, they must have been doing something.

Don't let her dishearten you sweetie, the only "signs" they want to hear about are plugs, strongish contractions etc. They don't care about the little niggles and BH etc!

We do though, so post away about your signs and we'll keep encouraging you :D xx

Sorry it was so sucky.. these last few MW appointments do seem to be a disappointment just when it should all be at its most exciting!

For what it's worth I think your signs sound really promising so I'm *sure* you're on your way to labour starting even though you're not quite there yet. I reckon it will be Saturday for you - bang on your true due date! :hug:

Until then keep telling us your signs, we can recognise there's something going on ;)

Mildly so sorry you had a bit of a funny appt..ignore it - sometimes they try to help and it ends up coming the opposite..look at with me - they were all convincied I was going to be late..no signs etc but I think thats their way to make us prepared for the "worst" so we dont start expecting things to happen on the day or then start panicking..maybe its their style?

I had no signs at all, we were shocked when I had my show and then went to shops to try and see what next and nothing was happening and suddenly after a few hours - waters..whoosh..then a few hours later...Aaron was here..even through the contractions I had no clue they were contractions because I expected pain like no other..sometimes I was laughing through them - maybe it was just lucky but the main thing is - sometimes what we expect is not what will happen...if your due date is 8th from ovulation I am pretty certain it will happen on 8th, besides Oscar is loving it now making mummy wait and arriving late has become the new fashion statement :) :hug: He will be stylish...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back