39 week appointment and useless MW again!!

Hunnie

Reaction score
Saw a good midwife this week who was very helpful and told us that baby is ready to come with head most definitely engaged and measuring fine again :)

However she had to chase up the blood results that they took at my 37 week appointment because I was complaining of an itchy belly at the time but the itching has now stopped. The MW that I saw at the time told me that if no one contacted me then to basically just put it down to my skin stretching. However because nothing had been written down the MW I saw today insisted that she chase the results up and get them written up in the white book.

It only turns out that my bile acid results were higher than supposed to be and that I not only should have been contacted by my doctor but the MW who I saw at 37 weeks should also have set up a referral appointment with another MW at the health centre to go over my blood results, but neither have happened :/!

So now tomorrow I have to go and see the MW I saw today at another children's centre and she's squeezing me in to get my bloods redone and checked just to make sure everything is ok.

The NHS is pants!

Ah no thats crap hun!! hope they sort it all out for you tomorrow, what does high bile acid mean? x

Hope everything is ok when you get your blood done tomorrow xx

She said it was something to do with my liver and it possibly not working as well as it should be :/. I feel completely fine tbh but it was a bit worrying at the appointment.

That's awful! I was reading something about this earlier when researching my itching! x

The MW I saw today really wasn't happy about the fact that its been over 2 weeks and no one has flagged it up :(. I'm not too worried but what if it had been something really serious? :/

It would be the same if you where still bad with it you would be sat at home itching thinking it was just stretching... stupid midwife they should be on top of things like that! x

That's what gets me about NHS it's really patchy. You can get someone fantastic and then someone rubbish the next day. Make sure that you follow this up as it needs keeping an eye on. Take a look at sticky thread at the top of Tri3 called Obstetric Cholostasis. I think this is what the test you've had is for.

The problem is. Believe it or not....not enough people make complaints. If nobody complains then nobody knows, and she can continue on being a silly arse for as long as she likes.

You can guarantee the good midwife you saw today won't be making a formal complaint about the other.

You can guarantee the good midwife you saw today won't be making a formal complaint about the other.

Oh I know she won't :/! But then again I won't be doing either as I just really cannot be arsed with the hassle of it. The MW I saw was already stressed as they'd booked her from half 8 all the way through till half 5 without anytime for dinner when she should have only been there till 4.

OH cant come with me now for my bloods to be taken as he's gone to work so I've called in mother bear :) x

Well after being told I would be rung up this morning before quarter to 9, I wasn't! Left it till 11 to ring the centre where the midwife is today and couldn't get through so had to ring the birthing centre who were helpful and rung me back to confirm an appointment at 1:45 today and set up an antenatal appointment. I just don't understand why the MW I saw yesterday couldn't just have rung me this morning?!?

I would seriously think about complaining- its not a hastle just write in a letter saying what happened and why your not happy. They need to know that they can't act like that and need to be more profecional, if the MW was busy she could have asked the receptionist to call you with your appointment there isn't really an excuse x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back