Disappointing 12 week scan - baby ok

Fermerswife

Reaction score
Evening ladies, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with their 12 week scan.

I had mine today and while I'm so glad the baby was moving and there was a heartbeat it was just so unclear. I know that's silly to be "upset" over a photo when I know baby is there and growing but the picture was so bad the consultant wasn't even confident in his dating. I had a scan at 9+4 due to previous history and it was much clearer (althou much smaller) then. Do you think it could be that I have an anterior placenta again that's causing the issue? Or are all the scans posted here clearer than most?

Photo attached below

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Evening ladies, just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with their 12 week scan.

I had mine today and while I'm so glad the baby was moving and there was a heartbeat it was just so unclear. I know that's silly to be "upset" over a photo when I know baby is there and growing but the picture was so bad the consultant wasn't even confident in his dating. I had a scan at 9+4 due to previous history and it was much clearer (althou much smaller) then. Do you think it could be that I have an anterior placenta again that's causing the issue? Or are all the scans posted here clearer than most?

Photo attached below

Hi, could it be the sonographer maybe wasnt that experienced or ' didnt bother ' as my last scan although it was early she gave me the worst pic out of 4 i was raging!
Im glad ur baby is growing and got a lovely wee heartbeat xx

It looks either bad quality machine or they havent zoomed right in.

Then they brought my scan up at first it looked far away and she zoomed the screen or camera in and it was fine.

Because the measurements are computerised theyll be able to get the size maybe but not like any detailed ones.

I dunno if theyd redo... Id prob get my own - wowcher and groupon do good offers.

Shame, I see why your annoyed. Glad baby is good though I did think the worst with the thread title..

xxxx

My 12 week scan with my 2nd baby was the same you couldn't even make out the shape of baby. She did make a comment that the reason for a scan isn't for a photo !! Silly woman. My 20 weeks scan was fab tho. And a much nicer lady did it :) xx

Thanks everyone, sorry my title made people think the worse. I have had a devastating 12 week scan so I should have known to title it better. So sorry about that.

Hopefully my 20 week will be better! If was top consultant in hospital he seemed to know what he was doing he just said baby wasn't playing ball. I'd gone in with a full bladder and he pushed so hard it was seriously painful! Maybe your bladder can be too full lol!

I can see why you would be upset, I would be as well. Hopefully the next scan is ok or you can find a good cheap private scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back