25 week appointment

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
well what can i say , i really hope that my midwife isnt the one who's with me when i give birth :cry: she seems clueless but yet goes on about having been doing it for 40 years :roll: just cos she has DOESNT MEAN I HAVE FFS

well she said baby is growing fine , hb is good , wee i think was normal today ,

but said it was too early for spd :roll: even tho the doc said this at 20 weeks and it hasnt gone yet :roll: but would refere me for physio anyway , why thanks and all that :wall:

prob not having any antenatal classes or parentcraft , she said they were just too busy and understaffed and having to tell people to go to nct classes , which in my area start at £263 and prob booked up anyway by now not that i want to pay for something that i should get through the nhs , WHAT DO I PAY NATIONAL INSURANCE FOR :evil:

so bit not amused with the whole thing , see her again at 28 weeks ,

should i have had fundel height measured today ? how she know baby growing right if she isnt even measuring me :(

rah its a loads of bull i tell ya :cry:

I had my fundal height done at my last appt so yeah, I'm pretty sure it should have been done. These HC Trusts seem to have different ideas though so God knows what your HCT's practices are.

As for your MW. I felt like that with our first one. The one I saw last time was nicer but there is no saying I will see her Weds. Seems to be pot luck.

Like you said, this might be 1 in 500 pregnancies for them but it's your first so they should treat you as special. Makes me so angry. At least you know things are ok though. xx

Ugh. It's a mess, isn't it?

If you get a lousy midwife you feel like you're wasting your time and even if you get a good one, it's like a conveyor belt.

I've read about getting a tour of the labour ward, making a birth plan, being able to have music playing at the birth, etc - all these things that our local mat unit probably won't allow. They just want to get you in, get the little out and send you home again.

We haven't heard anything about ParentCraft since our initial booking in nearly four months ago. We're going to ask about it on our next MW appointment but it sounds like we'll be lucky to get in.

I've just enquired about our local NCT antenatal classes. They're £120 for 8 sessions but they mention they are in high demand, so I don't know if we'll get in there either.

There is such a huge gap between free NHS care and private care which can cost upwards of £7,500.

she must think im too fat to be measured :rotfl: i dunno just feel a bit let down .

oh and to make me feel real at ease all she kept going on about was how understaffed and overrun the midwifes were !

aww hun sorry to hear all that she sounds like a right dippy mare.
manda xx

That reminds me, I'm sure I need to be looking at booking in for antenatals soon.....ooops :doh:

The midwife sounded like a right old trout. Hopefully next time you get a better one :hug:

That is so pants!

Can you go for a second midwifely opinion? :rotfl:

I have so much sympathy for you.... :hug:

I am going through the same thing, my MW actually makes me want to go and hide, i have to go thursday and i am actually dreading it.... thins isnt how it should be. Last time she told me she couldnt even feel the baby let alone where it was laying. This was sooooo reassuring as you can imagine and put me at ease so much!! NOT!

They seem to have no time for you at all and them when you ask a question they dont want to know or make you feel dumb. To top it all off i left a message with the Maternity Improvements Services who are supposed to monitor mw's and they never called back and that was 5 weeks ago, either they are very busy or we need a improvements number for the Maternity Improvements Services!!!

My mw hasnt even mentioned parentcraft classes i would like to be offered a place at least. On top of this my local maternity centre is closing and the new one not open yet so i dont know where i'm giving birth.

Oh and one more thing... our nearest hospital offer a tour for new parents, but due to time and staff issues, its a 'virtual tour' on the internet, how realistic, bet it looks lovely and clean and calm on the net, Whats the point in that!!!!!!! You cant even see their standards of cleanliness or care :wall: No wonder the prospect of a home birth is becoming more appealing!

Rant over! :oops:

We were told the last time that she had no idea where the baby was laying so I was a little bit disappointed but assumed it was because it was perhaps a little too early. I hope she will be able to on Weds..

G3M not alot of NHS midwifes use the fundal height measurement as its very very unaccurate and causes un nessisary worry for mums. Like people who had a few spare inchs before being pregnant would get a larger measurement and then when they measure your fundal height it will be bigger then it actually is, so not alot of point.

My last pregnancy they still did it, and i was always measureing about 4/5 cm larger and sent me to see a consultant as i was measuring so much bigger, which made me shit myself, so kind of glad their not doing it this time.

and Kelly... if your made to labour in PA, DONT!!!!! have a home birth, its sooo rough and the labour rooms dont have any tv's or any thing, they make OH sit on a little plastic chair, no comfort, i hated it!!! Woulded do it again if we were still there, is romsey still not open? they have a birthing centre i think.

I'm sorry you have a cr*ppy midwife, G3M. I had my uterus measured at my 25 week appointment last week and was bang on 25 weeks. Although if it's not that accurate I'll take it with a pinch of salt if future measurements aren't on target. She had a feel of my tummy aswell but didn't comment on where baby was lying. Just because they're overrun/understaffed it shouldn't affect the way they treat you. Like you said you pay your taxes/National Insurance so you should get the best care possible :hug: :hug:

Paradysso, Romsey is shut otherwise i would be going there!!! And hythe is about to shut...... :cry:

oh no!!!! when ur in labour get Ross to take u to salisbury hehe, its not that far from you! say u were at a friends house when it started or some thing, avoid PA hehe

NHS classes don't even exist here we are having to pay to have them privately £120 for 6 sessions, although they are supposed to be very good.

Kelly, they are still talking to me about having the baby at Hythe at the moment so think it should still be open (and apparantly won't close till Ashurst is open) so you should be ok for one or the other. Let me know if you want to know which ante natal classes we are going for, she runs them all over the area and my friend said they were really useful.

Sorry to hear your midwife is rubbish G3M. Even if the service is overloaded, it isn't your fault and she should be treating you with the care and courtesy you deserve and need.

My midwife is lovely, but she has mentioned the understaffing thing...I don't think it is a good thing to be telling mums, it just makes me worried that there will not be adequate care when D Day comes.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

She doesnt sound very helpful, as for being measured, I havent seen anyone since my 20 week app, not due to see anyone till 28 weeks and at the last I wasnt weighed or had blood pressure or urine tests, nothing except to discuss scan result - I even had to ask for the triple test results.
All a load of pants, I am not looking forward to labour AT ALL, feel very un looked after, my Mum is quite shocked at the lack of care especially for a first baby
Still, I guess millions of women give birth around the world with little or no intervention and are fine..... so we will be too
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back