dilemma

2010stacey87

Reaction score
heyy... i've got my 20 week scan next Friday and I'm soooo excited... but my OH works away :( and he wont be back till about 5pm from London and my scans at 12pm and i really wanted him there...

who did you all go to your scans with? xxxx

Awww thats a bit of a bummer! I had OH, my mam, dad and brother lol. Least you will get to see the baby and have some photos to show him xxx

Aww that's a shame, hopefully baby behaves and you can show him some nice piccys :) I had OH at all my early scans and OH and Mum at 12 week and Gender Scan x

Awww thats a bit of a bummer! I had OH, my mam, dad and brother lol. Least you will get to see the baby and have some photos to show him xxx

Are you allowed as many as you want Shauna? I had 2 but I was told we're only suppose to have 1 at the hospital scans x

Awh I would be so disappointed if my oh couldn't go to the scans - dsappointed for him more than me really
cos ts such a special thing to see you lo on the screen. Has your OH checked with his company if they allow time off for these kinds of things? Then maybe he could get off wrk early so he could make it? My OH gets a total of 8 hours throughout the pregnancy special leave for antenatal appintments such as scans etc..

huni my hubby has been away since iv found out I'm pregnant, been to every scan alone, apart from gender scan I took ny friend, he'll b back in time for my 20week scan, have u called hospital to see if they can rearrange?x

I was going to say can you not rearrange the appointment. I would have been gutted if my OH couldn't make it to the scans and I think he would have been as well, they are so amazing! At our 20 weeks scan we got to see our wee one have a drink and it gave us the thumbs up as well. :lol:

Last edited:
its a new job he's only been working with the company for about 4 weeks, and it pays really well which is why we dont mind him being away as were moving into our first house in a couple of weeks so we need every penny... he doesnt want to jeoprodise the job by asking for time off (even though its for a very good reason) even if we did try and rearrange it would have to be for a weekend as he doesnt get back till late Friday... my mum and dad are in egypt but my sister said she will come with me so think im going to do that and get pics for him and ring him straight away to tell himthe sex!! xxx

Ask if your mum (or whoever you take with you) can film it while the sonographers doing the scan, then you can show him it all. I don't think strictly your allowed as it's suppose to be just for hospital records but if you get a nice lady she might let you if you explain the circumstances x x

My hubby couldn't get to my 20 week re-scan so my Nana came with me - it meant a lot to her (even though she couldn't understand what the sonographer was saying hehe)

I had my best friend who will be my birthing partner at both my scans.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back