• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dilemma about scans

TORino

Reaction score
So I'm going on holiday in a few weeks to Miami & NYC. My nhs scan is arranged for a few days before we go. I haven't had any reassurance scans with this pregnancy as the midwife talked me out of it so I didn't bother to book one.

I have absolutely no reason to think anything is wrong with the pregnancy but I keep having these moments where I think I'm going to get to the scan and they tell me bad news like the baby stopped growing. The bad news in itself wouldn't tip me over the edge, having a mc on holiday would be just too much to bear though. It would completely spoil my trip. (I know this is all doom and gloom so sorry but having been through it before I know I wouldn't cope with doing all that on holiday).

I was thinking of paying for a scan for next weekend so at least if it was bad and had stopped growing early on I would know and it would give me time to deal with it before my trip. Hubby is against me doing this incase they say come back in 2 weeks again because he couldn't bear the agonising wait. I am reluctant to book it though for sone reason, which I think is probably sheer terror. I have so far been enjoying bimbling along blissfully ignorant to things but arranging a scan terrifies me!

It's a tricky one - but if you can afford it, I would go for it, having too been through a MMC at 11 weeks plus, I understand totally, although the chances of it happening the same again would be very slim hun. If me I would prob pay and go like you say with time to spare so you can be all sorted before holiday. I guess thats not very positive way to think about it, but does ensure absolute worst case scenario, you could be in a better positiion on holiday to rest etc

Best case scenario, you get one scan to put your mind at ease and then another as the icing on the cake via the NHS, then a lovely holiday.

Good luck with your scans hun , sure you will be fine this time

Last edited:
Wss^^^ I'd get a private scan then you get to see lo twice whoop whoop x x

Hope you guys are right, I think I will book a scan for next weekend. I am terrified though!

I would just go for it and book hun! all will be fine but it will be nice to get some reassurance :) xxx

Everything will be fine but we were all the same when we had our scans :) you'll love it it's amazing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back