Digital baby monitor recommendations??

Sunnyb

Reaction score
We dug out our old monitor & tested it the other day & it doesn't work :(
So we are now looking to buy another one & don't know where to start! We had our last one bought for us, so didn't even think about it.
Our budget is £40-50, we want a digital one & that's it really. Does anyone have a really good one they can recommend? Want one that'll hold it's charge well, possibly 2 way talk function (not essential though) & one that has very little interference (our first one picked up our neighbours baby, so we needed a different attachment from Tommee Tippee to hear our son!)
BT ones get good reviews, but a lot of them are £70+
We don't want to buy a reconditioned or second hand one really either.
Any help or links to reviews would be really appreciated x

Sunnyb xxx

Hi hun,

I had this problem too. I was going to get a video one but then my friend who has 4 kids and doesn't buy crap as loves her hi tech stuff said they had one a few years ago and it just makes you paranoid. She bought a BT one, think hers was a 150 and is using that one again with her latest baby. I looked into the baby monitors as didn't want o spend too much and the one I had for my first is a bit dated and old and was 2nd hand when I had it so thought I would get a new one. The BT ones do look good. I got a BT 250.

BT Baby Monitor 250
A great baby monitor can make a real difference. It'll help make life easier for you, and give you complete reassurance by keeping you close to your baby, even when you're away.
One of the best buys you can make for you and your baby is a baby monitor. The best monitors have grown up and adopted all sorts of new technology, so you'll be amazed by what they can do.

• Digital DECT technology
  • Hi-definition sound
  • Eight lullabies with superb sound
  • Blue backlit LCD on parent unit
  • Temperature changing nightlight
  • Parent talk back
  • Vibrate alerts
  • Torch
  • Travel bag
  • Crying alert
  • Belt Clip
Some are advertised a bit more than £50 but they have models lower which look just as good and cheaper like the BT 200 and the BT150 upgraded model.

Hope this helps hun xxxxxx

i have the tomy one. can u styretch to £65 , if u can the tommee tippee digital monitor including sensor pad is reduced from £100 in asda if u can its fab. xx

i have the tomy one. can u styretch to £65 , if u can the tommee tippee digital monitor including sensor pad is reduced from £100 in asda if u can its fab. xx

We looked at the ones with sensor pads, but my hubby wants to avoid them as he says it would make him paranoid & we didn't have one with our firstborn. The BT ones get great reviews. Think I'll have a look on Kelkoo for prices. Which Tomy one do you have Piglet?

Sunnyb xxx

erm the tomy digital not sure ill google now and find for you think mine was 50/60 in argos, i like mine but sil has the TT and they r far better and my other sil has the BT she loves them also but i think she paid 75 :/... lol i was the opposite , pad made me less paranoid !! lol it saved my nephews life :/ so im biased!! haha he went silent and alarm went off and they found him not breathing ... hes ok but who knows what cud have happened :( xxx

I've got a BT one, cant remember which and I got it in Tesco at their baby event reduced from £59.99 to £25 :)

Theyre reduced to £45 in mine!! Was gutted cos I just paid £100 for mine then they reduced theirs!

erm the tomy digital not sure ill google now and find for you think mine was 50/60 in argos, i like mine but sil has the TT and they r far better and my other sil has the BT she loves them also but i think she paid 75 :/... lol i was the opposite , pad made me less paranoid !! lol it saved my nephews life :/ so im biased!! haha he went silent and alarm went off and they found him not breathing ... hes ok but who knows what cud have happened :( xxx

That was lucky then! I take it he's ok now? My friend bought one with a faulty mat & the alarm kept going off & stressing her out! Our baby will be in a Moses basket next to us during the night for the first few weeks & in a cot in our room for a couple of months after that.
Still looking at reviews & going to Asda tomorrow, so I'll check what's on offer there too.

Sunnyb xxx

You can buy the TT ones without the mat for £40 in Argos I think. I think they're brilliant, they've got two way talk and a range of 300metres (dunno why you'd need that much though!) the baby monitor has a nightlight which you can control the brightness of with your monitor. The battery on ours lasts probably 36hrs before it needs charging. You can adjust the sensitivity too so it only registers actual crying instead of random little noises from bubba or you can turn sound of and the lights will come on when baby cries. I love ours, we've got the mat too though, don't think I'd be able to sleep at night with it and it's only hone off once in 5weeks and that was because A managed to wriggle up to the top of the cot and we had it on the lowest sensitivity setting so it couldn't pick him up! The highest setting though is too much, picks up my movements too!

I bought a BT one for Sam and loved it so I bought a second hand one on ebay for about £25. I even put the parent unit through a 60 degree wash and it still worked :rofl: Would definitely recommend it! The batteries in the first one we got did eventually start to run down quite quickly but I just replaced them with some new AA rechargeable ones and they last hours again now x

I'd definitely recommend a sensor mat if you can get one though - I have the angecare one, but the monitor bit doesn't work any more which is why we have the BT thing too :lol: Before I got it for Sam I was checking on him all the time!

Try amazon, they have lots of really good reviews and really cheap one. I think you can get a Philips for about 30£!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back