Diet?

stargirl

Reaction score
I never weigh myself. I hate knowing how heavy I am so I got a bloody big shock when I did weigh myself today and realised I was the heaviest I have ever been! 11 stone!

OMG I'm kind of disgusted in myself. I was just under 9st5 before I got with my partner. I know I've been putting weight on, I'm not stupid and I can see my waistline. Also I had to go out today and buy a new pair of work pants a size larger.

So after weighing myself today I've decided to do something about it. If I just carry on the way I'm going I'll just get bigger and bigger and once I have a baby I know I'd put on more weight which I know I'd struggle to lose! Plus I really want to be a healthy size when ttc.

The issues I have are I've never dieted before and I bloody hate exercise!
I've done a bit of research and decided to try counting the calories and see how that goes. Cut out all the junk and eat healther! Also to cut down my portions. I can be greedy sometimes.

So please share your tips and advice! I need them!

Last edited:
Update! So I stared my diet one week ago. So far so good. I've cut my portion sizes right down, avoided all junk food and even tried a tiny bit of exercising. Not alot so I doubt it's made a difference! I don'/t feel any different and before weighing myself wasn't really feeling positive about any expectant weight loss so was very pleased and suprised when I saw I've lost 2 pounds! Yay, go me!

The reason I didn't think I'd lost any weight was because looking back over what I've eaten over the last week I've eaten loads of carbs and I know they arn't good for you!

Anyway, go me! 2 pound down!

Hi, well done for the weight loss!
I was 9 stone 2 year ago so imagine how i feel now being 16 stone!!! Lol i am disgusted!!
I lost loads of weight on the Atkins diet years ago but now hearing its really bad for you its put me off.
Your doing the right thing in just cutting junk and eating smaller portions then you don't get bored as you can eat things you like but in moderation. I haven't got any advice really you seem to be doing everything right!
Good luck with the diet. x

Last edited:
Oh and cutting carbs is always a good thing! Thats my problem i eat too much bread and hate brown bread. x

Thanks for the reply. I haven't been very good this weekend. My friend got married yesterday so ate lots of yummy things and drank more alcohol then I should have. Then my OH decided he needed a big fat takaway to cure his hangover and of course I couldn't let him eat it all on his own!

But back on it tomorrow! Just need to find a way to cut out the carbs! I'm still eating to much of them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back