How long after sweep did your it take for labour to start?

nutcase109

Reaction score
Hi girls, Ive just had a sweep! :?

Was just wondering how soon it might start working, and what happened afterwards?

I know it might not work, but heres hoping.

So sorry if this is TMI - midwife said she couls get 2 fingers into cervix, does that mean Im 2cm dilated? I should have asked her at the time. She was hopeful it wouldnt be too long till I pop.

Thanks! Emily xx

I had a sweep at 40+5, but in the leaflet they gave me if nothing happened within 48hours then it didn't work. My labour started 5 days later.
Did she tell you your cervix was soft? When they did mine they said i was already dilated (not sure by how much) and they could feel her head. If i went to induction day they'd only break my waters.
I had a little blood but that was it. She was born the day before induction.

I think that does mean you're 2 cm :cheer: :cheer:
I was 2-3cm dilated when I had my sweep on Wednesday morning. I went into labour on Friday night and gave birth Monday morning.

Didn't work for me I'm afraid - I had a sweep at 41 weeks, then had to be induced at 42 weeks.

Sweep at 40+6 at 3pm...had baby same day at 10pm :D

When they checked me at 5pm I was 4cm dilated...But I wasnt in any pain at all :D I begged for them to let me home..so very reluctantly they let me go home...pains started at 7pm..went back to the hospital and it was all systems go! 3 hours later I had my chunk! :D

Good Luck!

I had a sweep but nothing happened within 48 hours for me. I did have a very heavy show 24 hours after, but I still had to be induced. xx

First sweep - nothing
Second sweep - contractions started 3 hours afterwards - however I'd had an inkling before that things might be happening anyway, since I'd lost some plug and felt achy and "off" - I think the sweep just helped things along.

Fingers crossed for you!

i HAD A SWEEP AT 40+3 AND i BLED AND HAD PAIN FOR 24 HOURS THEN MY WATERS BROKE. HE WAS BORN AT 40+5. (sorry about caps)

DD1 sweep at 40+9 about 5pm, show at 7:30pm, established labour at 2:30am, born at 8:10am 40+10

DS1 sweep at 40+6 about 5pm, no show, established labour at 4:30am, born at 9:30 am 41wks

DD2 sweep at 40+5, another sweep at 40+8 about 3:30pm, faint regular contractions started at 4pm, waters broken 40+10 at 10:35am, born at 2:33pm

Had sweep at 37+6 went into labour 24 hours later, had her at 38+1 :)

i had a sweep wednesday morning and started getting contractions thursday night!!!

i had a sweep and i was already 2cm dilated. Had the sweep on the monday, had contractions tuesday morning, and by 10.12pm my bubba was here! :cheer:

Had 2 sweeps but I still had to be induced and he came a week later. They told me they stretched me to 3cm, but the next day i was back to 1cm! :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back