did you stil have a 12 weeks scan plus downsydrom scan

mrz85

Reaction score
or did you just have the downsydrom scan and no scan at 12 weeks

From what I believe if you requested testing for downsyndrom they check the nuchel fold on the back of the babies neck, otherwise if you opted out (like me) you have the 12 week scan but they don't check.

I hope someone can clarify xxxx

edited because I never got my 12 week scan I got mine at 14 weeks so i was to far on to tell they did a blood test instead on me xx

Last edited:
I was 13 weeks when i had my 12 week scan and they checked the nuchal fold of the baby and then a blood test, both of these combined then tell you if your high or low risk.
Its the same scan whether or not you have the screening or not as they get measurements and date you x

I c so will probly only get the 1 scan?

The midwife told me they do it all at the same time as the 12 week scan if you opt for the nuchal test for downs.

I didn't have the option to opt out i don't think! But as far as im aware everywhere does the downs test at same time as 12 week scan x

I think its a good idea if you know if your baby has downs or not, when my sister was born my mum wasn't given the option and it was a big shock that she had downs x especially if it won't influence your decision either way x

I was actually 16 wks at my 12 wk scan with my son so they tested through a blood test!

It doesn't matter to me either way if the baby has Downs Syndrome or any other condition, I will love them just as much, so I won't be opting for the nuchal fold test

I think it can depend on your hospital. I only had the option of one hospital in my area that carries out the scan at 12wks and the blood test, the others only do the blood test for Downs Syndrome and a normal dating scan. I was informed at my booking appointment. Your midwife might be able to give you more info :)

xx

It doesn't matter to me either way if the baby has Downs Syndrome or any other condition, I will love them just as much, so I won't be opting for the nuchal fold test

Just out of curiosity would you not want to know though of your baby had downs so you could prepare yourselves? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back