Diarrhoea

spendalots

Reaction score
My 9mth old DD has had diarrhoea for 5 days now, took her to see the GP on Friday who said to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't get dehydrated (she is still eating and drinking water and milk) she isn't showing any signs of dehydration but am just worried about the length of time it's taking to get over this.

She has a dirty nappy as soon as she eats anything or has a bottle,this amount of dirty nappies means she now has severe nappy rash so leaving her without a nappy as long as we can :-(

Also the GP stated that diarrhoea can last up to 6wks after a virus had gone???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Hi There, my son had it 2 weeks ago as he picked up another bug from nursery..:( His diarrhoea went up to 7 days..but I gave him a lot of banana, rice and yogurt..also promogranate juice..which is a home remedie suggested by his nanny and diarohea reduced quite a lot after introducing all of these..

Also gave diarlite as a mum told me that also helps..good luck hope she gets better soon

Thanks loveleen, she has been eating lots of bananas and this seems to be having an effect!will try the pomegranate juice aswell :) thanks again for reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back