diabetes in pregnancy

mum&2girls

Reaction score
can someone help me i have the pg diabetes and was wondering where i can get some diabetic food from tried boots but all they have in ours is choclate and biscuits??????????????

I thought Sainsbury's had alot of that stuff, they have a whole aisle in our store dedicated to special dietary needs.

You don't really need to change everything because of the diabetes anyway, so often diabetic foods are going to be Jams, choclates etc.

a lot of diabetic food is not that good for u hun both my parents r diabetic and they r told not to buy it

I know our Sainsburys has a whole isle of special diet foods including diabetic needs. I agree with Mary70 really about specific diabetic foods, my friends father is diabetic and would far rather have 1 square of 'normal' chocolate than the diabetic stuff, evidently it isn't that nice. Try eating whole grain foods, fruits, vegetables etc....I don't think you specifically have to buy diabetic ranges? I don't know much about it, it's a question for my midwife tomorrow though, I somehow think I might end up with gestational diabetes also....evidently if you have a raised BMI your more at risk? I'm asking tomorrow.

i had it but test never picked it up thats y hannah was so big and needed scbu

Diabetic food is of case bad for you im am a type 2 diabetic and was told to stay clear when i asked why the diabetic nurse informed me that whilst it may contain no sugar it almost certain HIGH in fat and i mean HIGH she also told me to stay clear of diabetic chocolate as it contains laxatives (Sp?)

Hope this helps :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back