Devestated! No water or homebirth after CSECT

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
I heard that after a c section you can't have a water or homebirth???? Is this true? im so upset as after my experience with the hospital/birth I really wanted to try for either a water or homebirth or even both...

:(

Isnt it something to do with your membranes being fragile and risk of them rupturing? i heard that too :-(
don't see why you shouldnt be allowed a hospital water birth though but i guess they like to keep you on a monitor in that case!!

Sorry i dont mean membranes i mean where your womb was stitched after C section!

sounds about right :shakehead: it bloody rediculous, just because im on baby 7 i cant have one either, i have had perfectly straight forward births with no stitches etc and i cant even use the labour suite or water for labour let alone delivery :shakehead:

your kidding!!!!
I was desperately hoping this would be a waterbirth but due to him still being breech its looking like a c-section. I didnt realise that meant i couldnt choose my ideal birthing experience for next time. what a kick in the teeth!

Would they definately not let you have a water birth in hospital then where you could constantly be monitored?

That sucks, sorry hun :(

Dont le anyone bully uou into doing something you dont want to do, its your birth!! unless of course your baby is in serious danger there is absolutly no reason why any of you cant have a home birth, what crap!!! :shakehead:

legally you cant be refused a home birth but if you want to go to hospital they can refuse you what ever they like :?

hennaly said:
sounds about right :shakehead: it bloody rediculous, just because im on baby 7 i cant have one either, i have had perfectly straight forward births with no stitches etc and i cant even use the labour suite or water for labour let alone delivery :shakehead:

Its rubbish Hennaly, they cannot refuse you.

Look on that homebirth.org and look in the section "I cant have a homebirth because..."

No they shouldnt be refusing you at hospital either, hold on will find it!

As much as I may have gone for a home birth with the next one... if there is a risk to my health/ability to possibly have childeren again, if something goes wrong... id rather be in hospital thanks!!

Dont get me wrong, im not looking forward to all the monitoring etc, but, if its being done for my well being, then so be it. My babies need a mother, and im not going to go against anyone who knows better than me when it comes to my baby!

But - Power to the people and all that, were all different, it is your birth not mine.

i have tried, but they say i cant use the pool or the birth suite in case i heomorage after the birth (never have before) and yet the birth suite is no further than delivery room from theatre :evil:

Just excusses hun!!

You have a good history, thats so wrong!

For that id tell em I was having a homebirth, you should see their faces then :lol:

im going to see my midwife tomorrow and am planning a proper stroppy :shakehead:

You damn right hun!

I would be so upset, its your frigging birth not theirs!!!

Im like a dog with a bone in these situations, I wont stop until I get what I want, you know there is nothing wrong with you, and you've got a great history, they shouldn't be stopping you from the birth YOU want.

:hug:

went for my appointment and got the time wrong so missed it :doh:
Steelgodess would you consider a home birth?

My friend had a c-section with her first and had got the green light for a homebirth with her 2nd baby.

Her midwife really supported her, she saw one consultant who wasn't too keen but then saw another consultant who was fully supportive.

She did labour for a few hours at home but ended up having to go into hospital as baby was in a funny position and needed a bit turning by the docs.

I guess im just still annoyed by the whole thing because I only went for the induction to avoid a bloody section and i ended up with one anyway lol!!

I just REALLY REA;LLY want to have a good birthing experience next time. yes i woulod have a homebirth, im saed of birth now though lol!

Hennaly I think you should go for it hon! Have a word with some private middys aswell maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back