Devastated

Babybushie28

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Just got my results in and its been confirmed that I have pcos.

My testosterone levels are really high and I'm not ovulating.

I am devastated.

We've been referred to a fertility clinic on 23rd may, I feel so hopeless and can't stop crying. I can never see myself being a mum.

I know some of you girls on here have more severe fertility issues but this has been a slap around the face for me and I just can't see any positives in the near future.

Really bad day :( :( :( :(

Sending you big hugs Hun you've been referred now to the best place so hopefully they'll help u become a mum x x

Hi hun. I'm so sorry to read of your bad news. Did you have any signs you had this? How long have you been ttc? Big hugs for you x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

Aww hun I'm sorry for ur news. I hope u feel more positive after uv been to the clinic. Thinking of u and keep us updated with news xxx

Sorry to hear this Hun x x x x

My best friends mum has exceptionally severe PCOS and she managed to have two children, the youngest being nearly 30 years old now, so I fell sure that with all the developments in modern medicine and things now that they will be able to do things to help you x

So sorry to hear that but it's good that you have been referred to a clinic and you will be able to receive help. I can only imagine how hard it is for you but hopefully things will get better in the future.

Big Hugs
xxx

Sorry to hear this hun,

You must feel like poop!!

I know it is hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel but having a diagnosis is a good thing.

Instead of spending each cycle waiting and wondering and worrying now you know and you can start to take a course of action to help.

I would do some reading on PCOS and see if there is anything you can do to help (diet / lifestyle changes?).

Then when you have your appointment you cna discuss your options and your plan of action.

This doesn't have to be a bad thing hun, at least you know what are dealing with now?

xxxxxxxxx

:hugs: Sorry to hear it hun, don't lose hope, lots of ladies with PCOS go on to have children.

x x

big hugs sweety dont give up hope xx its still possible for you!

my mum lost and ovary and tube due to an ectopic and had sever endrometriosis and still had my brother!

:hugs:

Sorry to hear your news hun but like Carnat said, a diagnosis is a good thing, even if its not the one you want :( I have a friend who has pcos and is currently 5 months pregnant naturally, i know that may not be any comfort right now but i hope in time it will be xxxx

But now you have a diagnosis and now they can give you meds that can help you ovulate! Many women go on to have children even with PCOS! Their is still hope hun, take the bull by its horns and don't give up! We are all here for you sweety((((hugs))))

So sorry, that must be really scary. I just want to echo the positive things other ladies on here have said - a diagnosis means treatment, which means you're a step closer to getting pregnant. Most women with pcos are still able to have a baby, so please try not to feel too despondent x x

so sorry to hear your news.
i got diagnosed with pcos 4 yrs ago, i have had son number 2 since then, so there is hope.
see what your consultant says.xxx

Aww girls, you are great, thanks so much for the lovely words and positive stories!

My family and oh have really cheered me up today and I feel loads better. I was told last year that i had pco but not the syndrome and that a few cysts were normal, since I've been off the pill I've had 31-34 day cycles so they seemed regularly normal although in hindsight I never really had any ovulation pains or noticeable cm. I've been reading up on it and you're all right, it's very common and lots of women have babies with the symptom.

At least I know what can help me and I'll have a plan in place to get me to motherhood!

Xxxx

It is devastating, I have lived with PCOS for many years and it's a cruel defeminising condition but you can make peace with it and a few lifestyle changes can reverse some of the effects. After lots of failed treatments in my 20s I reconciled myself to never being a mum. At 41 yrs I gave birth to my miracle baby 3 weeks ago, conceived naturally. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. Big hugs xx

Knowledge is power hun. I also have pcos, didn't ovulate at all for nearly a year and was then given ovarian drilling - now I have a 4 month old boy. It's good to know what is the cause of the problem as then you can work on solving it x

I'm sorry to hear this hun, but it does not mean you can't get pregnant so don't think the worst. There are lots of ladies on here with PCOS who can offer support and advice. Once the shock wears off you will feel better, big hugs hun xxxx

Im sorry to hear your news hun, but as the others have said at least you know what you are dealing with now and can start to sort it out and im sure it wont be long before you get a bfp.

Michelle. x

I got diagnosed with pcos in nov 2010. Conceived in may 2011 after being put on metformin. And on jan 20 2012 I had my gorgeous boy. Don't ever give up hope Hun. It's horrible news but there is hope.xx

I was diagnosed with PCOS in it 2008. I had a laperoscopy ad dye/hysteroscopy and ovarian drilling in Nov 09. I then went in metformin. This unfortunately didn't do anything for me do DH was tested but they day we were due to get the results and be referred we had our gorgeous baby boy confirmed via scan. I was 8 weeks pg and had conceived naturally. I was told I was infertile and would need ivf.

Don't give up hope. It's a long and emotional road but so worth the effort xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back