devastated for my friend. ...

it's sickening what life throws at you sometimes isn't it! that is truly dreadful......

Beyond sad what's happened and tragic to the core :( so sorry for your friend xxx

I saw . midwife yesterday and told her the sad news....she said its.not common but these things happen. I wanred to know if it could have been avoided and baby saved but no it couldn't. ..baby would have had no oxygen as . placenta sheered away from uterus. ..

I want to send flowers but my partner said to wait a week???? What do u suggest.

I asked midwife if I was.ar risk but every was fine yesterday. Bp alwways ok.no.sweling and measuring. Spot on 36 weeks.
I am nervous.for labour. But have to stay positive as its my own journey now.

Thank u for your messages xx

My goodness your poor friend.......that's an awful thing to happen :(

My age was one of the considerations for my C-section, I was 41, along with a medical condition.

Perhaps send her a 'Thinking of You' card with your number etc so she knows she has someone to shout/rant/cry with.

I will send a card and send flowers next week.. still cant stop thinking about her xx

Oh how heartbreaking for them. Its scary that this can happen :-(

May she R.I.P poor little angel x

Sent from my GT-I9300

Ah how awful for them, such an awful,thing to happen to someone and proves that life just isn't fair sometimes. It's true what people say though we have to try and focus on the positives in life and hope that all is OK. So sorry for your friend but try your best not to worry, easier said than done I understand xx

Oh hun I'm so sorry for your friend, that's truly horrendous. It's unimaginable. Life is so cruel. Try not to start panicking about the labour. What happened was awful but it's still fairly rare, even for older mums. Most things are slightly higher risk for us over 35s, it doesn't mean it'll happen. Speak to your consultant about it and get the proper info.
Big hugs
Xxxxxx

thanks girls - the husband sent an email out to the cycling team last night thats where my boyfriend knows him and i met her when we were both doing IVF.
boyfriend wouldnt let me read it he read it out to me and wouldnt let me see pics - baby was alive in pics but he wanted to protect me
i thought she survived for mins but seems a bit longer as they said she responded to their voices etc.
the email was heartbreaking i was in tears and didnt sleep well last night... he said " it takes a man to make a girl. but losing a girl to break a mans heart"
she is 41 this year and took her 3 IVF to fall for her - jellybean they called her through pregnancy.
I wander now if they will adopt.

Umbongo not under consultant anymore been signed off as no longer high risk but spoke to midwife on Tuesday, she said it happens but its rare and nothing u can do to prevent it so basically just do best you can.. which I am.
I am measuring spot on dates so not too big ( i was worried about too much fluid as this can cause placenta abruption) and my feet are not swollen.

Thanks ladies for your kinds words - please say a little prayer for my friend and jellybean tonight xxx

Just saw this, it is terribly sad hun. I hope your friend and her OH is surrounded by wonderful supporting people at the moment who can help them get by. Make sure that you have that too as you should enjoy every special moment with your bubs. Take care hun XXXXX

I am so sorry to hear this. What a cruel tragedy. My thoughts are with your friend and her family. Is it standard practice to induce older mums on their due date or before? I'm 42 and due on 19th November. It's over 12 years since I last had a baby and was obviously a lot younger then. My midwife hasn't mentioned anything about this to me and I must admit I didn't know anything about this condition and am now feeling a bit worried. I will make sure I ask about this at my next midwife appointment although this isn't until the end of August now. :hugs: xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back