Depo experiences please? - TTC after 1 year of depo...

MrsLloyd2B

Reaction score
My next depo shot would have been due on Dec 22nd, but obviously i did not have it as we planned to start TTC in Jan 2009.

I've been reading alot about people TTC after the depo and most stories sound negative, people not concieving or it taking years to get a BFP.

I'm now very upset and worried that our decistion to go on depo will ruin our chances of concieveing this year. I had been on depo since december 2007 so not very long.

Please can you tell me your personal experiences, positive or negative?

My experience of it is.....
was on it for around 6 years continously, stopped it when we wanted to try for a baby.
Basically didnt go back for a top up the beginning of Oct 06 and got my BFP near the end of July 07 so it took around 9 months for me to concieve.

I will add that i never had AF at all whilst on depo and when i came of it i had terrible irregular bleeding for months, if i remember rightly i had only just had about two regular cycles before i fell pregnant.

From my experience and talking to alot of woman trying to get PG after depo it is all down to the individual. Some fall PG easily and some dont. It has also been known to mask PCOS, and obviously this can be a problem when trying to concieve.

I hope you are one of the lucky ones hun :D :hug:

Thanks for your reply....It's nice to here a positive story, 9 months isn't too long, although i'm sure at the time it felt like ages!

P.S - Whats PCOS? Sorry i've not learnt all the abreveations yet! x

I was on depo for a couple of years but i came off of it cos it made me fat.
I can't remember the dates to match it up with a pregnancy though, i know it took me awhile, but i had also been diagnosed with pcos (polycystic overies) so that would've contributed.
And I had a friend who got pregnant about 10 months after stopping her injections.
xx

Sorry PCOS- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome :)

Looking back 9 months is nothing really to wait but at the time it was frustrating mainly due to the fact i had irregular AFs and had no idea of whether i was ovulating. I turned to charting toward the end, which although some people think it may be a bit obssesive i found it so helpful to try and work out how my body was functioning.

One thing that was apparent at the time of me trying was that alot of ladies tried to seek medical advice when they didnt concieve but they were told that they usually dont investigate until 2 years have gone by.

I for one will never use the depo jab again but i had other issues with it which have put me right off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back