demand bottle feeding

michelle35uk

Reaction score
do you demand feed your baby or do you feed at set times regardless of whether baby has asked for it or not?

I feed when he asks for it, however I've just started trying to get him to go at least 3 hours between feeds or he doesn't drink a full bottle.

I feed MJ on demand, I wouldn't like to think I was making him eat when he wasn't ready. I've tried once to feed when I thought he should and he just spewed all over me, served me right! :lol:

He'll be 6 weeks tomorrow and he's set his own routine. 7am/11am/3 or 4pm/8 or 8.30pm. He did have 5 feeds a day but dropped a feed a couple of days ago and I was really worried he's not getting enough, today though he's managed 6oz each feed so I'm feeling a bit better about it now.

Just do whatever you feel is best hun xxxx

Last edited:
I have to demand feed, wasn't working in scheduled, he'd be asleep or not hungry, hospital were all for schedules so when we got him home he started asking every 3 hours but then started to go 2 hours or 4 hours depending, think doing that , it helped for him to go over night too

I feed every 4 hours in the day if she is awake (6oz) but let her tell me over night if she is hungry. Sometimes she doesn't waken every 4 hours, especially if I'm out walking with her in the pram and other times she won't wait 4 hours which is fine and I feed her before schedule. As she has dropped the night feed by mainly sleeping through I tend to try and waken her as I feel 4 bottles isn't really enough. Although it must be or she'd scream for more! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

I feed on demand. He's nearly 18 weeks he's in his own routine. Sometimes he just have wee half bottles though... But it suits him.xxx

I feed on demand but will offer a bottle at four hours if he hasn't asked for one. At night time I leave him to wake for feeding xx

I feed on demand and it worked really well for us . Xxx

i feed on demand though try and time it so that she has one before bed which usually makes her sleep right thru xx

I feed Cam every three hours. He has seven oz five times a day. He sleeps through now but when he was younger, i used to feed on demand over night and three hourly during the day.

XX

i always fed Amelie every 3 hours. that being said when she was only tiny of she wanted food at 2 1/2 h then she was getting it though that very rarely happened. if she was screaming earlier than that i was trying to settle her and see what else can be wrong as i knew she may not be hungry already?
i make her 5 oz bottles and whatever she drinks from that.
i still feed every 3 hours though now she can go 4 hours but i like to make sure she has enough milk during the day so she sleeps well at night.
she now sleeps through most part of the night but if she wakes after 4 o clock i give her a tiny feed. if she wakes before that i just resettle back with pacifier etc.

I am combi feeding but expressing breast milk so James is 100% bottle fed regardless of what milk he has.

He will go anything between 3-5 hours. Normally if he goes 5 hours though he'll be crying for the next few feeds within the 3 hour mark.

I was wondering if I was doing the wrong thing by feeding him 'too often' but James isn't shy about letting me know he's hungry!!

xxxxxxxx

Used tp demand feed now feed every 3 hrs xx

I demand feed but only let her go a total of 4hrs without a feed during the day. Then I will offer her one. Night time I'll let her tell me when she wants food.

I demand feed but he normally goes every 3hours during the day. and has about 4bottles a day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back